GMA Global Franchise Head, Cell & Gene
- East Hanover, NJ
799 million. That's how many lives our products touched in 2019. And while we're proud of that fact, in this world of digital and technological transformation, we must also ask ourselves this: how can we continue to improve and extend even more people's lives?
Medical Affairs Franchise leader for Cell & Gene. Responsible for the development and implementation of medical strategy aligned across global, regions and country medical affairs and execution of the Global Medical Affairs program(s) for the Cell & Gene pipeline. Has global line function responsibilities, leadership of key initiative, or other decision bodies.
• Within Cell & Gene is a member of the Cell & Gene Leadership Team, the Medical, Marketing and Market Access Pillar team (MMM), the World-Wide Brand Team (WWBT), and a sponsor of the Cell & Gene IDMT
• Is a member of the Oncology Medical Affairs Leadership Team (OMALT), the Global Medical Affairs Leadership Team (GMALT), the Franchise Leadership Team (FLT), and the Global Program Teams (GPT). Is accountable for contributing to developing functional strategy and implementation of initiatives to build line function as a Center of Excellence
• Is responsible for the delivery and execution of a strategically aligned medical strategy and plan within Cell & Gene encompassing preparation for medical launches and life cycle management plans
• Harmonizes cross-team collaboration and strategy development within the area of responsibility, leads strategic discussions, prioritization of activities across the portfolio for assigned compounds/projects and gains alignment across regions, countries and functions
• Accountable chair of the Medical Review Committee (MRC) for all NVS-sponsored and investigator-initiated trials, including Global/Regional/Local for assigned compounds
• Accountable for all operational aspects and execution of Global Medical Affairs sponsored clinical trials in partnership with global line functions, and regional/country medical associates
• Accountable for Medical Affairs leadership of Integrated Disease Area Medical Teams (IDMTs) within the area of responsibility and ensuring resolution of issues across line functions and responsible for ensuring adequate line function resources on CTTs.
• Accountable to efficiently manage budgets and resources, including budget planning for future activities
EEO Statement The Novartis Group of Companies are Equal Opportunity Employers and take pride in maintaining a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.
• PhD Required, MD preferred.
• More than 10 years advanced knowledge in medical/ scientific area (Oncology, Hematology, and Endocrinology) preferred
• Experience in Pharma or Biotech Industry
• Excellent knowledge of clinical practice and latest scientific advances in oncology and hematology; in-depth Medical Affairs Experience in Oncology, preferably with experience at the global level
• Strong commercial understanding to ensure product acceptance into clinical practice
• Extensive knowledge of, experience and demonstrated record of accomplishment in the global launch of new drugs in Oncology and Hematology
Why consider Novartis?
We believe the answers are found when curious, courageous and collaborative people like you are brought together in an inspiring environment. Where you're given opportunities to explore the power of digital and data. Where you're empowered to risk failure by taking smart risks, and where you're surrounded by people who share your determination to tackle the world's toughest medical challenges.
Imagine what you could do at Novartis!
Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
Novartis embraces diversity, equal opportunity and inclusion. We are committed to building diverse teams, representative of the patients and communities we serve, and we strive to create an inclusive workplace that cultivates bold innovation through collaboration, and empowers our people to unleash their full potential.
Back to top