Global Trial Program Head
- Basel, Switzerland
With over 400 active trials in 5 hub countries, Novartis GDO Trial Management feels privileged to bring together and manage all aspects of clinical trial operations reaching around 50 000 patients worldwide. We are a proactive learning organization and we place a lot of emphasis on collaboration and individual development. As part of this we are very committed to evaluating the latest digital technologies, always looking to transform trials and improve lives.
TM is in search of those who are passionate about applying their experience to reimagine clinical trial operations and ultimately improve the lives of our team, our organization and our patients.
We are Novartis. Join us and help us reimagine medicine.
The Global Trial Program Head leads planning and management of the assigned clinical program(s) from an end-to-end trial management perspective to achieve Global Program Team (GPT), Global Clinical Team (GCT) and GDO-TM objectives. Complete oversight of budget and resource allocation within assigned clinical program(s) - including broader review of resources across programs. Acts as GDO representative on GPT. Drives operational excellence through process improvement and knowledge sharing across clinical programs within franchise. Enables an empowered organization, which can navigate in a matrix environment and adjust quickly to business needs. Point of escalation for resolution of trial management operational issues within assigned program(s).
Your responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
1. Build best talent and an inspired, curious and unbossed culture to foster high performance in a matrix environment.
• Responsible for overall management of trial management associates working on assigned program(s) including hiring, trainings, coaching, performance management and career development;
• Drive functional excellence in education, implementation and compliance to best practices and share lessons learned for trial management.
2) Resource and Budget Management:
• Ensures optimal resourcing across trials within assigned program(s) to meet business needs according to portfolio prioritization. Collaborates with Franchise Head TM including coordination of headcount requests and resource alignment with other line functions;
• Oversee life cycle budget including forecast, year cost targets, and annual cost targets for all trials within assign program(s). Full accountability for clinical work package pre-GTD assignment.
3) Program level planning and execution:
• Key contributor to operational strategy within assigned program(s); provide global clinical operational input into Integrated Development Plans (IDP) for assigned program(s);
• Drives timely and efficient program execution according to the approved IDP;
• Establishes program and trial priorities in alignment with Franchise/GPT/GCT priorities ;
• Develop and implement operational program-specific standards as required to enhance consistency across trials.
4) Core member of the Global Clinical Team (GCT). GDO representative on GPT (extended member). Acts as liaison between GPT and Trial Management/GDO - including point of escalation for resolution of trial management operational issues within assigned program(s).
5) Identify and build center of excellence in clinical trial execution by developing process standards and tools to achieve excellence in trial management. Drive process improvement in collaboration with the Global Head Center of Excellence for Trial Management, other Global Trial Program Heads and Trial Management Franchise Head.
6) Provide oversight on quality and compliance for assigned clinical program(s) in conjunction with the Head of Process Control Managers.
What you'll bring to the role:
• Bachelor's Degree required and Advanced Degree is preferred
• A minimum of 10 years of pharmaceutical clinical research experience is required
• A minimum of 5 years people management and development experience is required; this may include management in a matrix environment
• Demonstrated leadership and accomplishment in all aspects of conducting global clinical trials and programs
• Extensive knowledge of clinical development process, GCP and clinical project management
• Organizational awareness, including significant experience working cross-functionally and in global teams
769 million lives were touched by Novartis medicines in 2020, and while we're proud of this, we know there is so much more we could do to help improve and extend people's lives.
We believe new insights, perspectives and ground-breaking solutions can be found at the intersection of medical science and digital innovation. That a diverse, equitable and inclusive environment inspires new ways of working.
We believe our potential can thrive and grow in an unbossed culture underpinned by integrity, curiosity and flexibility. And we can reinvent what's possible, when we collaborate with courage to aggressively and ambitiously tackle the world's toughest medical challenges. Because the greatest risk in life, is the risk of never trying!Imagine what you could do here at Novartis!
Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
Novartis is committed to building an outstanding,inclusive work environment and diverse team's representative of the patients and communities we serve.
Join our Novartis Network:If this role is not suitable to your experience or career goals but you wish to stay connected to hear more about Novartis and our career opportunities, join the Novartis Network here: https://talentnetwork.novartis.com/network
Back to top