Global Trial Program Head
- Hyderabad, India
With over 400 active trials in 5 hub countries, Novartis GDO Trial Management is committed to delivering end-to-end support to make the clinical trial process more efficient and patient-friendly. We bring together and manage all aspects of clinical trial operations to meet milestones in terms of quality, cost, and delivery time in order to better serve our patients. We develop strategies to optimally deploy resources as well as manage performance, budgets, and contractors. TM is a proactive learning organization focused on collaboration and individual development to foster a synergistic environment. We rise to meet the challenges of the future by utilizing the latest digital technologies and data while optimizing risk to transform trials and improve lives. TM is in search of those who are passionate about applying their experience to reimagine clinical trial operations and ultimately improve the lives of patients.
Your responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Resource and Budget Management: Ensures optimal resourcing across trials within assigned program(s) to meet business needs according to portfolio prioritization. Collaborates with Franchise Head TM including coordination of headcount requests and resource alignment with other line functions; Oversee life cycle budget including forecast, year cost targets, and annual cost targets for all trials within assign program(s). Full accountability for clinical work package pre-GTD assignment.
• Program level planning and execution: Key contributor to operational strategy within assigned program(s); provide global clinical operational input into Integrated Development Plans (IDP) for assigned program(s); Drives timely and efficient program execution according to the approved IDP;
• Establishes program and trial priorities in alignment with Franchise/GPT/GCT priorities; Develop and implement operational program-specific standards as required to enhance consistency across trials.
• Core member of the Global Clinical Team (GCT). GDO representative on GPT (extended member). Acts as liaison between GPT and Trial Management/GDO - including point of escalation for resolution of trial management operational issues within assigned program(s).
• Identify and build center of excellence in clinical trial execution by developing process standards and tools to achieve excellence in trial management. Drive process improvement in collaboration with the Global Head Center of Excellence for Trial Management, other Global Trial Program Heads and Trial Management Franchise Head.
• Provide oversight on quality and compliance for assigned clinical program(s) in conjunction with the Head of Process Control Managers. Builds best talent and an empowered culture within program(s) and franchise to foster high performance in a matrix environment. Assess needs of the organization to improve the medical/scientific, operational and budget management capabilities in assigned franchise, in alignment with the Franchise Head TM and other GTPHs.
• Serve as knowledge source for Trial Management associates and coordinate knowledge sharing within assigned clinical program(s) and within franchise. Author/reviewer for relevant SOPs.
• Co-chair Trial Management/Franchise forums, lead or represent Trial Management in functional or cross functional initiatives. Full member and active participant on the Trial Management Franchise Leadership Team.
• Number of Associates, Direct: 2 - 10 (Associate) Global Trial Directors. Indirect: 5-25 Trial management associates for assigned clinical program(s).
• Financial responsibility: Internal budget accountability for direct reports. External budget accountability for clinical trials in assigned clinical program(s) (annual budget for all trials in assigned clinical program between 8 - 50 Mio USD).
• Impact on the organization: Drive operational excellence in clinical trials.
• Achieve results faster, with higher quality and efficiency in cooperation with key stakeholders. Optimize resourcing and allocation of associates across organization. Recruit and develop talent to achieve a high performing Trial Management organization.
Why consider Novartis?
799 million. That's how many lives our products touch. And while we're proud of that fact, in this world of digital and technological transformation, we must also ask ourselves this: how can we continue to improve and extend even more people's lives?
We believe the answers are found when curious, courageous and collaborative people like you are brought together in an inspiring environment. Where you're given opportunities to explore the power of digital and data. Where you're empowered to risk failure by taking smart risks, and where you're surrounded by people who share your determination to tackle the world's toughest medical challenges.
We are Novartis. Join us and help us reimagine medicine.
Novartis are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons.
Back to top