Global Procurement Category Head – MICE & Travel
- Dublin, Ireland
3 - The number of values that we live by: Trust, Respect and Collaboration. Our mission is to discover new ways to improve and extend peoples' lives.
Leading a team of Senior Global Procurement Category Managers, the Global Procurement Category Head (MICE & Travel) develops proposals for, and leads all strategic aspects within the category of MICE & Travel, across divisions on a Global level.
The purpose of the role is to lead a complex cross-divisional category globally to maximise procurement benefits, ensure tight process compliance and deliver sustainable results.
Your responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Lead the development and implementation of the Business unit/functional Procurement strategy, which is aligned to the Global Procurement strategy, and ensure implementation at a Country level.
• Oversee the development of annual Procurement business plans, ensuring full alignment with divisional and group targets, and set stretch targets for the team, benchmarking versus outstanding external organisations, and measure achievement of objectives against KPIs.
• Identification, engagement and management of relationships with key internal clients and external suppliers, and exert significant influence to drive Procurement projects.
• Negotiation of agreements, and lead the establishment of contracts to decrease total cost with specified quality and service levels, ensuring supply security and that savings are tracked.
• Oversee the implementation and utilisation of Procurement systems and tools in Countries, and ensure consistent tracking of savings and other Procurement KPIs.
• Demonstrate thought leadership related to the identification, implementation and continuous improvement of sourcing best practices, systems and processes.
• Direct the preparation and finalisation of Procurement investments plans and budgets, and sponsor / lead / initiate key Procurement projects.
• Coordinate the management and development of large Procurement teams globally (Direct and indirect reports).
What you'll bring to the role:
• University/Advanced level degree needed.
• Experience of leading large and/or diverse multi-functional teams.
• Strong project management or other cross-functional leadership experience.
• Master's Degree/other advanced degree in the Marketing, Sales or Economics is preferred.
• Previous experience in Consulting would be advantageous.
Competitive salary, Annual bonus, Strong Work/Life Balance, flexible working, Top UK Employer, Pension scheme, Share scheme, Paid holidays, Comprehensive Medical Insurance, Subsidised Canteen, Employee Recognition Scheme, Sports & Social Club, Learning and development opportunities.
Why consider Novartis?
799 million. That's how many lives our products touched in 2019. And while we're proud of that fact, in this world of digital and technological transformation, we must also ask ourselves this: how can we continue to improve and extend even more people's lives?
We believe the answers are found when curious, courageous and collaborative people like you are brought together in an inspiring environment. Where you're given opportunities to explore the power of digital and data. Where you're empowered to risk failure by taking smart risks, and where you're surrounded by people who share your determination to tackle the world's toughest medical challenges.
Imagine what you could do at Novartis!
Novartis Ireland Ltd. has been certified as a Top Employer 2019 by the Top Employers Institute for its exceptional employee offerings!
Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
Novartis embraces diversity, equal opportunity and inclusion. We are committed to building diverse teams, representative of the patients and communities we serve, and we strive to create an inclusion workplace that cultivates bold innovation through collaboration, and empowers our people to unleash their full potential.
Novartis is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all suitably qualified persons.
Join our Novartis Network:
If this role is not suitable to your experience or career goals but you wish to stay connected to learn more about Novartis and our career opportunities, join the Novartis Network here: https://talentnetwork.novartis.com/network
#LI-NOV = Novartis
Back to top