Global Medical Affairs Director (Ophthalmology)
- East Hanover, NJ
200 million patients worldwide are treated with Novartis ophthalmic products. Our Ophthalmology Franchise is reimagining what's possible by bringing life-altering treatments to patients with visual impairments and blindness. Medical Affairs Director role is providing key medical and scientific leadership to our brand medical teams and other brand related functions.
• Holistic approach to data generation aspects globally , focusing on generation and dissemination of medical information
• Provide medical scientific input for the assigned Medical Affairs studies (Phase IIIB-IV, PMS, observational studies without regulatory impact) within program/brand, as a member of the Global Medical Affairs Team
• Key activities related to planning, execution and reporting on Global Medical Affairs studies and ensure timely and on budget delivery.
• Develop study-related documents, presentation material for study-related advisory boards, investigator meetings, protocol training meetings for Novartis local medical organizations
• On-going review of clinical study data, final analysis and interpretation, in collaboration with the Brand Safety Leader, appropriate Global Clinical Team members.
• Build together with the GBMD/Portfolio GBMD a highly influential medical and scientifically based platform: a. Program/brand(s) publication plan and ensure execution in collaboration with assigned Medical Communication Leaders b. Support/ lead internal and external medical education and communication initiatives
• Provide medical scientific input for the assigned program/brand(s) to: a. Develop integrated Product Strategy, MA strategy and related MA plan b. Develop Clinical Development Plan c. Guide and develop local MA clinical programs and provide support in execution d. Value dossiers and participation at payer advisory boards e. Lead Medical Affairs Study Team to provide guidance to CPOs related to their MA study program; review, approve and follow up on local MA studies
• Support GBMD/portfolio GBMD in ensuring compliance of promotional and non-promotional global material and all Medical Affairs activities.
• Support or deputize GBMD/Portfolio GBMD in providing input into brand safety related activities or in a Global Clinical Team, Global Brand Team, Clinical Scientific Unit and internal decision boards as the Medical Affairs spokesperson.
EEO Statement The Novartis Group of Companies are Equal Opportunity Employers and take pride in maintaining a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.
• MD or PhD with unique knowledge for successful clinical program development and execution, with ≥ 6 years of clinical research experience required. Or MD with specialty with board certification
• Ability to run studies and write a protocol with advanced medical/scientific writing and communication skills
• Proven ability to interpret, discuss and represent efficacy and safety data relating to the assigned area.
• Proven ability to work both independently or in a cross -functional team setting, including a matrix environment.
• Demonstrated ability to establish strong scientific partnership with key investigators in assigned TA.
• Medical and/or scientific expertise within Ophthalmology is an advantage
Why consider Novartis?
799 million. That's how many lives our products touched in 2019. And while we're proud of that fact, in this world of digital and technological transformation, we must also ask ourselves this: how can we continue to improve and extend even more people's lives?
We believe the answers are found when curious, courageous and collaborative people like you are brought together in an inspiring environment. Where you're given opportunities to explore the power of digital and data. Where you're empowered to risk failure by taking smart risks, and where you're surrounded by people who share your determination to tackle the world's toughest medical challenges.
Back to top