Global HSE Project Manager
- Dublin, Ireland
108,000! That's the number of associates whose lives we touch and improve. Join us in our mission to protect our people, patients and planet. As part of the Novartis Health, Safety and Environment team, this is a new role waiting for you to put your mark on and inspire us.
The Global HSE Project Manager provides special global project management support for the HSE team. The role is responsible for the successful coordination of HSE projects related to HSE strategy and innovation, governance, resource planning, and engagement plan management with all global functionsand external partners. The Global HSE Project Manager also supports activities related to the global line function agenda and key HSE objectives.
Your responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Contribute to the translation of HSE strategy into functional objectives and activities, and supports in collecting data to evaluate progress against overall strategy; coordinates special projects to support the HSE strategy; ensures stakeholder involvement throughout the projects and supports development of consistent, robust processes to support the function
• Connects the purpose of HSE by reaching a mutual understanding and acknowledgment with all levels in the company and alliance partners; Constantly eager to improve and innovate the HSE team's way of working, supporting Choice with Responsibility and a global, distributed team with new ideas on how to work this way;
• Curious to deploy new ideas and to use new innovative digital tools and platforms for providing HSE excellence
• Deal with transition or change of HSE and/or business goals or processes in a positive and adaptable way; able to make decisions and act without having all details or bigger picture; Comfortable with risk and uncertainty and is able to continue daily operations as normal
• Supports the team to develop overall HSE strategy with full stakeholder engagement and collaboration
• Ensures HSE Governance Processes (including internal and financial controls) are fully planned and executed effectively
• Coordinates the HSE Communications & Engagement strategy to ensure HSE is well understood and proactively promoted both inside the HSE community; throughout corporate, divisions and functions; and externally to NGOs, government entities and other institutions
What you'll bring to the role:
• Overall relevant work experience of approx. 5 years, ideally at multi-national organizations, with deep knowledge and work experience in HSE
• Relevant university degree in HSE, Engineering, Law or other related field. Qualifications in project management preferred (PMBOK, PMI, Agile etc.)
• Good level of personal credibility, customer relationship management, networking; Ability to communicate effectively across organizations
• Experience in leading high impact processes and implement of improvements across global/regional matrix organizations with cross-functional exposure; Ability to balance resource demands from multiple internal customers
• Understanding of the organization and culture of Novartis becoming Unbossed, Curious and Inspired
Competitive salary, Annual bonus, Pension scheme, Share scheme, Health insurance, 25 days annual leave, Flexible working arrangements, subsidized dining facilities, Employee recognition scheme, learning and development opportunities.
Why consider Novartis?
799 million. That's how many lives our products touched in 2019. And while we're proud of that fact, in this world of digital and technological transformation, we must also ask ourselves this: how can we continue to improve and extend even more people's lives?
We believe the answers are found when curious, courageous and collaborative people like you are brought together in an inspiring environment. Where you're given opportunities to explore the power of digital and data. Where you're empowered to risk failure by taking smart risks, and where you're surrounded by people who share your determination to tackle the world's toughest medical challenges.
Imagine what you could do at Novartis!
Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
Novartis embraces diversity, equal opportunity and inclusion. We are committed to building diverse teams, representative of the patients and communities we serve, and we strive to create an inclusive workplace that cultivates bold innovation through collaboration, and empowers our people to unleash their full potential.
Novartis are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons
Join our Novartis Network: If this role is not suitable to your experience or career goals but you wish to stay connected to learn more about Novartis and our career opportunities, join the Novartis Network here: https://talentnetwork.novartis.com/network
Novartis Ireland Ltd. has been certified as a Top Employer 2020 by the Top Employers Institute for its exceptional employee offerings!
#LI-NOV = Novartis
Back to top