Global Head Strategy & Operations GDO_DO
- Hyderabad, India
Accountable for driving, evolving and executing Data Operations strategic vision for Clinical Trials of the future. Accountable for tracking the external environment and ensuring that Global Data Operations are appropriately benchmarked and are operating at the 'cutting edge' of the industry. Focused on ensuring that across Data Operations we are moving forward innovation projects and initiatives that increase quality, reduce cost and increase speed of delivery building a truly 'best in class' operation.
Responsible for connecting and aligning the Data Operations strategy to the overarching strategy and goals of Global Development Operations and to those of Global Drug Development.
Accountable for the development and evolution of a strong, globally connected DO leadership team, centred in Hyderabad. Responsible for deputizing for Global Head of Data Operations as required.
Lead the strategic growth and transformation of Global Development Operations functions at India, delivering timely and high quality support for the Global Drug Development Portfolio.
Your key responsibilities:
Your responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• In collaboration with Global Head of Data Operations, Data Operations Leadership Team and Leadership Teams of partner GDO functions, defining the strategic vision for Global Data Operations and for overseeing the deployment plan to realise this vision. Ensures awareness of trends in the industry and tracks new capabilities and technologies to ensure Data Operations operates at the cutting edge of available technology.
• Translates multi-year strategic vision into year-on-year goals and objectives and ensures objectives are aligned upward with GDO / GDD objectives and downward through the objectives of all associates within the various DO sub functions.
• Drives data and digital innovation projects for Data Operations and all relevant stakeholders to continuously improve quality, increase speed of delivery and reduce cost in order to build best in class operations.
• Ensures that appropriate KPI's / Oversight metrics and measures are in place to track progress versus targets and objectives. Co-ordinates oversight of such metrics in collaboration with TBO and Data Operations Leadership Team and oversees action planning to effect metrics improvements as needed.
• Provides executive oversight to the Data Operations portfolio. Co-ordinates across Data Operations sub-functions to ensure that DCN (Development Committee Novartis) priorities and other GDD / GDO priorities are understood and communicated and are progressing to time and plan. Ensures robust resourcing algorithms are in place and collaborates with TBO resource management team to ensure that future DO resourcing is appropriately defined and clear plans are in place.
• Co-ordinates interactions with Novartis / GDD / GDO partners including but not limited to QA, Finance, Innovation, Data & Digital, TBO to ensure that Data Operations needs are appropriately communicated and understood and that the appropriate support is active and available.
• Creates, shapes and manages the internal/external messaging and communication strategy impacting Data Operations, ensuring alignment with overall strategic objectives and priorities. Continually engages with stakeholders and key influencers to share ideas and plan alignment areas for process improvement.
• Drives the development of an 'unbossed, curious, inspired' culture within the Data Operations Leadership team and down through the global data operations organization. Supports an environment for controlled risk-taking with high standards to ensure an innovative mindset is fostered and encouraged down through the organization
• Manages Data Operations communication planning - Coordinates efforts with Communications colleagues and Data Operations Leadership Team to ensure an effective and consistent flow of messaging down through the organization.
• Lead the strategic growth and transformation of Global Development Operations functions at India, delivering timely and high quality support for the Global Drug Development Portfolio. Develop and contribute to global line function strategies and implement initiatives in collaboration with local GDO function leads to establish and maintain Novartis as best in class in the industry. Champion the Global Drug Development Vision, Culture and Strategy at the Site.
• BA/BS/MS or equivalent experience in mathematics, statistics, computer science, health sciences or related field.
• Strong leadership, collaboration and organizational skills with proven ability to successfully manage numerous, simultaneous projects/trials across multiple Franchises and meet deadlines
• Must be able to anticipate challenges and risks and proactively implement solutions. Demonstrated analytical, problem solving and time management skills
• Ability to work under pressure demonstrating agility through effective and innovative leadership
• Excellent interpersonal skills and proven ability to operate effectively in a global environment. Ability to influence and communicate across functions and to external stakeholders. Excellent organizational planning and project management skills in order to maximize resource efficiency
• Proven associate development skills. Ability to build effective teams that deliver towards the goals of the Data Operations organization
• Broad experience (at least 10+ years) in clinical development, preferably with at least 6 years recent experience in Data Management. At least 5 years international line management and global project team experience
Why consider Novartis?
799 million. That's how many lives our products touched in 2019. And while we're proud of that fact, in this world of digital and technological transformation, we must also ask ourselves this: how can we continue to improve and extend even more people's lives?
We believe the answers are found when curious, courageous and collaborative people like you are brought together in an inspiring environment. Where you're given opportunities to explore the power of digital and data. Where you're empowered to risk failure by taking smart risks, and where you're surrounded by people who share your determination to tackle the world's toughest medical challenges.
Imagine what you could do at Novartis!
Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
Novartis embraces diversity, equal opportunity and inclusion. We are committed to building diverse teams, representative of the patients and communities we serve, and we strive to create an inclusive workplace that cultivates bold innovation through collaboration, and empowers our people to unleash their full potential.
Join our Novartis Network: If this role is not suitable to your experience or career goals but you wish to stay connected to learn more about Novartis and our career opportunities, join the Novartis Network here: https://talentnetwork.novartis.com/network
Back to top