Global Category Manager REFS RES & CPS
- Prague, Czech Republic
Global Category Manager REFS RES & CPS, Novartis, Prague, Czech Republic
3 - The number of values that we live by: Trust, Respect and Collaboration. The Global Procurement Category Manager REFS Capital Project Services (CPS) & Real Estate Project Services (RES) plans and leads all strategic aspects within the category of CPS & RES across divisions, on a global level and develops proposals for strategic business decisions. The role provides high value procurement solutions to the business and category strategies; support third party vendor selection, vendor development, technology management and performance measurement activities. The Global Procurement Category Manager REFS CPS & RES ensures best-in-class delivery of external services and products in the REFS CPS category to support projects and to realize year-on-year productivity improvements, cost savings, and process improvements in close collaboration with the stakeholders in the business
Your key responsibilities:
Your responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Implement category strategic goals from overall Procurement strategy / Ecosystem management: Planning, organizing and managing projects taking into account priorities, resources, budgets, issues and constraints to achieve desired results; defining clear project scope and objectives; utilizing software and tools to plan, track and report status. Mapping the value chain, analyzing it and deriving potential scenarios. Includes the understanding and application of total cost of ownership, and should cost modelling. Participating in and / or leading financial discussions. Applying financial knowledge to participate actively, e.g. in budgeting process, including tax aspects in sourcing strategies and structuring sophisticated deals with ecosystem partners
• Compliance & risk management: supporting reports to determine appropriate compliance level. Monitoring end-to-end compliance (budget, payment, vendor PO, contract invoice, buying channel, etc.) and deriving corrective actions to improve compliance. Applying risk management processes including identifying and evaluating risks, and defining and executing a risk mitigation plan. Projecting the dynamics and impacts (e.g. mergers and acquisitions). Extracting, cleansing and consolidating information to fact-based insights for further usage e.g. in category strategies. Maintaining and updating Procurement applications accordingly to the Procurement content (e.g. e-catalogs, user portal). Continuous improvement of procurement content and automation. Support definition and implementation of Procurement tools and processes. Managing data analysis and reporting
• Demand management: Responsible to ensure the right balance between business needs and Novartis' strategy. Accountable to work with stakeholders to identify the most cost-effective ways to deliver business objectives
• Sourcing and supplier relationships management: Executing the Source-to-Contract process including respective strategies, approaches and methods: Preparing and conducting fact-based negotiations. Adapting tactics from a broad portfolio of negotiation strategies to achieve results that support business and Procurement objectives. Proactive assessment of new ways of working, involving innovative scientific & technical solutions by identifying and onboarding the right suppliers
• Manage relationships with stakeholders: Analyzing specifications for optimization. Linking specification to customer value, challenging specification confidently. Conveying messages clearly and convincing stakeholders. Achieving results by proactively building long-term, sustainable and effective relationships, understanding the stakeholder landscape and demonstrating political astuteness across business structures and networks
What you'll bring to the role:
• 2-5 years of relevant business experience in a construction, manufacturing or facilities management environment.
• Preferably > 5-10 years of experience in Procurement or other related experience within the Pharmaceutical industry, preferably in category management, supplier management, or related area, with a focus in the real estate and facility services domain
• Strong project management or other leadership experience
• University degree or relevant equivalent experience, Strong presentation skills
• Excellent spoken and written English. Other languages, especially German desirable
Monthly pension contribution matching your individual contribution up to 3% of your gross monthly base salary; Risk Life Insurance (full cost covered by Novartis); 5-week holiday per year; (1 week above the Labour Law requirement) ; 4 paid sick days within one calendar year in case of absence due to sickness without a medical sickness report; Cafeteria employee benefit program - choice of benefits from Edenred CZ in the amount of 12,500 CZK per year; Meal vouchers in amount of 90 CZK for each working day (full tax covered by company); Car Allowance; MultiSport Card. Find out more about Novartis Business Services: https://www.novartis.cz/
Why consider Novartis?
799 million. That's how many lives our products touched in 2019. And while we're proud of that fact, in this world of digital and technological transformation, we must also ask ourselves this: how can we continue to improve and extend even more people's lives?
We believe the answers are found when curious, courageous and collaborative people like you are brought together in an inspiring environment. Where you're given opportunities to explore the power of digital and data. Where you're empowered to risk failure by taking smart risks, and where you're surrounded by people who share your determination to tackle the world's toughest medical challenges.
Imagine what you could do at Novartis!
Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
Novartis embraces diversity, equal opportunity and inclusion. We are committed to building diverse teams, representative of the patients and communities we serve, and we strive to create an inclusive workplace that cultivates bold innovation through collaboration, and empowers our people to unleash their full potential.
Novartis are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons.
Join our Novartis Network: If this role is not suitable to your experience or career goals but you wish to stay connected to learn more about Novartis and our career opportunities, join the Novartis Network here: https://talentnetwork.novartis.com/network
Back to top