Global Category Manager - Central Labs
- Dublin, Ireland
3 - The number of values that we live by: Trust, Respect and Collaboration. Our mission is to discover new ways to improve and extend peoples' lives.
The Global Category Manager (GCM) - Central labs leads the development and execution of key sourcing strategies for Clinical R&D services across all Novartis organisation-wide spend.
Your responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Leads Global Category Management strategies for Clinical R&D services.
• Develops and maintains strong relationships with key internal partners; Establishes and manages relationships with global vendors, ensuring continuous improvement, spend/cost transparency and cross-divisional account management.
• Leads strategic initiatives supporting the category and build long term cost optimisation strategies that drive value with key suppliers.
• Develops and demonstrates in-depth knowledge of the Central Labs category, as well as related services like specialty labs and couriers, suppliers, services and their cost drivers.
• Ensures best-in-class delivery of external services in the related categories to support Clinical Development and to realise year-on-year productivity improvements, cost savings, and process improvements in close collaboration with the customers in the business.
• Identifies opportunities that focus on cost reductions, efficiencies / quality improvements, risk mitigation, industry and supply trends and shifts in technology; proactively support the business in assessing new innovative/technology solutions.
• Assesses Risks and look for ways to maximize speed of execution and success in programs / studies.
• Accountable for contract commercial terms, as well as ongoing, year on year savings and cost reductions.
What you'll bring to the role:
• University degree or MBA is required.
• Minimum of 5 - 10 years' experience in procurement within a scientific or pharmaceutical environment.
• Strong influencer in decision-making process within and outside of procurement.
• Project management experience.
• Self-motivated / driven and able to work autonomously; Excellent interpersonal skills, highly collaborative with the ability to listen and to motivate people.
• Ability to speak a language other than English would be advantageous.
Competitive salary, Annual bonus, Strong Work/Life Balance, flexible working, Top UK Employer, Pension scheme, Share scheme, Paid holidays, Comprehensive Medical Insurance, Subsidised Canteen, Employee Recognition Scheme, Sports & Social Club, Learning and development opportunities.
Why consider Novartis?
799 million. That's how many lives our products touched in 2019. And while we're proud of that fact, in this world of digital and technological transformation, we must also ask ourselves this: how can we continue to improve and extend even more people's lives?
We believe the answers are found when curious, courageous and collaborative people like you are brought together in an inspiring environment. Where you're given opportunities to explore the power of digital and data. Where you're empowered to risk failure by taking smart risks, and where you're surrounded by people who share your determination to tackle the world's toughest medical challenges.
Imagine what you could do at Novartis!
Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
Novartis embraces diversity, equal opportunity and inclusion. We are committed to building diverse teams, representative of the patients and communities we serve, and we strive to create an inclusion workplace that cultivates bold innovation through collaboration, and empowers our people to unleash their full potential.
Novartis is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all suitably qualified persons.
Join our Novartis Network:
If this role is not suitable to your experience or career goals but you wish to stay connected to learn more about Novartis and our career opportunities, join the Novartis Network here: https://talentnetwork.novartis.com/network
#LI-NOV = Novartis
Back to top