Finance Innovation Manager, Reporting & Analytics (FIOH)
- Madrid, Spain
The Finance Innovation and Operations Hub (FIOH) in Madrid is a startup within Sandoz, which simplifies, standardizes and automates planning, reporting and analytics processes by leveraging innovation and talent. The team will reshape the function and will be a differentiator by driving artificial intelligence, predictive analysis and best-in-class analytics. The FIOH team offers an extraordinary work experience with the opportunity to develop in a fast-paced, multicultural, technology-driven environment where collaboration and innovation are at the heart of who we are and what we do.
The FIOH service offering will be based on latest technologies (artificial intelligence, predictive analytics and best-in-class analytics) and an interest in such technologies is vital. The key responsibilities of the FIOH will be to drive efficiency and effectiveness in financial planning, reporting and analytics.
The associate needs to also exhibit high levels of people agility and communication skills as key interfaces include Head BPAs and CFOs in the markets and clusters as well as senior stakeholders from Global / Region Finance and other functions (e.g. NTO).
The Finance Innovation Manager Reporting & Analytics will:
• drive standardization by harmonizing and building strong Reporting & Analytics tools
• constantly improve and automate Reporting & Analytics end-to-end processes
• align with stakeholders (primarily key users of Reporting & Analytics tools) across the global Sandoz Finance organization to bring ideas to production
• take a key role in the Reporting & Analytics Product Line - an agile, cross-functional team ensuring high quality releases in line with agreed priorities and timelines
• ensure proper training of global Sandoz Finance user community on Reporting & Analytics tools driving adoption of created solutions and satisfaction of end users
The Finance Innovation Manager Reporting & Analytics will function as a link between IT and BPA. The associate will need to be mobile i.e. to be able to travel to other countries when required to learn and to support the local teams while scoping, testing and implementing new projects. Further the associate needs to exhibit high levels of people agility and excellent communication skills, as this associate will be required to interact with key Sandoz Finance stakeholders.
The key focus of the Digital Innovation Manager Reporting & Analytics will be to identify ideas together with the Agile Finance Partners and key stakeholders to identify solutions and implement the same in the area of Reporting & Analytics.
• Create and maintain backlog: Ensure that identified needs and ideas are captured on the backlog of the Reporting & Analytics Product Line. This includes the description of the expected solution as well as information regarding scalability, improvements, automation and other anticipated benefits.
• Prioritization of backlog and sprint definition: Prioritize the backlog items to be considered for upcoming releases together with the Product Owner who is leading this process. The role owner will contribute to the technical feasibility whilst judging the business need and involved in defining the release strategy of the product line.
• Prototype: Design new Reporting & Analytics solutions building a minimal viable product or enhancing an existing solution in close alignment with other members of the cross-functional product line as well as key users.
• Production: Establish stable and lean end-to-end processes for existing solutions. Defining clear roles and responsibilities, timelines and process controls. Ensure full reliability of data shown in dashboards and tools as well as appropriate performance. Adhere with delivery processes and other relevant policies.
• Solution monitoring: Ensures high availability of created solutions and full data reliability throughout product life cycle. Is responsible for tracking and reporting availability and usage of solutions.
• Training: Ensures created solutions are intuitive and self-explanatory. Creates training materials and gives end-user trainings.
• Adoption: Drives communication and other initiative to increase or maintain usage of solutions. This includes proactive anticipation and avoidance of potential issues.
• Consulting: Helps and guides other team members and colleagues in Reporting & Analytics.
• Delivery of releases in line with agreed quality and time
• Adoption and usage of deployed solutions
• Adherence with delivery processes and other relevant policies
• Availability and reliability of established solutions
University degree in Finance, Economics, Business Administration, Computer science or in a highly quantitative field
Fluent English. Spanish and other languages will be a plus
• Significant experience in building dashboards: ideally with QlikView, QlikSense or SAC, alternative technologies will be considered
• +3 years of relevant experience in controlling, finance, business consulting or in a multidisciplinary data & analytics environment (preferably in an international company)
• Excellent analytical skills (problem structuring and problem solving), able to handle complex analysis and data sources
• Strong MS Excel, MS PowerPoint skills
• Experience with SAP / BW desired
• Outstanding flexibility, adaptability and sense of accountability
• Strong leadership and collaboration skills (team player mentality)
• Dynamic, ambitious and passionate
Back to top