FC&C Team Lead
- Prague, Czech Republic
FC&C Team Lead, Novartis, Prague, Czech Republic
1! great opportunity to visit subsidiaries of Novartis across the globe, get to know the business insights and to execute high quality monitoring reviews over internal control. The purpose of this role is to execute the reviews of the compliance of reporting units in various countries with Internal Controls over Financial Reporting framework. She/he will work in collaboration and alignment with the in-country CFOs, FSC Heads, FC&C Heads to deliver the monitoring reviews of the compliance of the reporting units with the NFCM requirements and reviews of the reporting packages as to whether they are in compliance with Novartis Accounting Manual and free from material misstatement, both on-site and off-site. Travel requirements up to 50% or more (international).
Your key responsibilities:
Your responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Ensure compliance with the Internal Controls over Financial Reporting, Novartis Financial Controls Manual (NFCM) and SOX 404 requirements
• Execute end to end process walkthroughs and gain deep understanding during the reviews to ensure proper control design and segregation of duties
• Support in-country FCC/FSC to identify root causes of control deficiencies and recommend remediation actions and track for timely closure, support these activities as appropriate. Consult with the respective functions, when required, to deliver integrated and aligned across respective functions solution / advice to the management. Provide/initiate training on compliance requirements to controls owners.
• Understand business processes; review process documentation and have a good understanding of key risks and mitigating controls. Review implementation of standard processes as defined in the Finance Core, Review extent of harmonization of processes and controls. Identify root causes of problems and recommend controls or business process Improvements.
• Reporting packages and accounts reconciliations review, Ensure compliance with IFRS and Novartis Accounting Manual (NAM) through execution of reviews of the reporting packages of the units to ensure that they are free from material misstatements.
• Support for internal and external audits, if required, support for remediation of agreed actions.
• People Management - Live the Novartis Values and Behavior (Innovation, Quality, Collaboration, Performance, Courage and Integrity). Role model a leadership style which is inclusive, proactive, result-oriented and customer-focused attitude, while driving continuous improvement and change.
• Liaison/coordination with stakeholders including in-country FC&C team, CFOs, IA, ext. Audit and Corporate Financial Compliance (CFC). Ensure to be up-to-date on periodical changes on compliance requirements.
What you'll bring to the role:
• University Degree in Economics or Business Administration (or equivalent), specializing in Finance/Accounting/Auditing Appropriate financial qualification ACCA, CPA, CISA, CIA (or equivalent). Excellent English, other language is a plus.
• Overall at least 10+ years post qualification experience in complex, multinational business setup and Big 4 experience (in assurance - external audit). Ability to work cross-functional and in teams.
• Solid knowledge of the methodology of the external audit of financial statements, strong knowledge of SOX requirements and business processes.
• Project management skills (ability to plan, monitor and finalize the work of team up to 5-8 people, support people in case coaching is needed). Experience in standardization and harmonization of processes and controls.
• Solid communication skills, ability to understand and address the needs of the stakeholders, good interpersonal skills, excellent stakeholder's management skills. Solid reports writing skills, good knowledge of SAP and MS Office.
• Pharma industry and shared services experience is a plus
Monthly pension contribution matching your individual contribution up to 3% of your gross monthly base salary; Risk Life Insurance (full cost covered by Novartis); 5-week holiday per year; (1 week above the Labour Law requirement) ; 4 paid sick days within one calendar year in case of absence due to sickness without a medical sickness report; Cafeteria employee benefit program - choice of benefits from Edenred CZ in the amount of 12,500 CZK per year; Meal vouchers in amount of 90 CZK for each working day (full tax covered by company); Public Transportation allowance; MultiSport Card. Find out more about Novartis Business Services: https://www.novartis.cz/
Why consider Novartis?
799 million. That's how many lives our products touched in 2019. And while we're proud of that fact, in this world of digital and technological transformation, we must also ask ourselves this: how can we continue to improve and extend even more people's lives?
We believe the answers are found when curious, courageous and collaborative people like you are brought together in an inspiring environment. Where you're given opportunities to explore the power of digital and data. Where you're empowered to risk failure by taking smart risks, and where you're surrounded by people who share your determination to tackle the world's toughest medical challenges.
Imagine what you could do at Novartis!
Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
Novartis embraces diversity, equal opportunity and inclusion. We are committed to building diverse teams, representative of the patients and communities we serve, and we strive to create an inclusive workplace that cultivates bold innovation through collaboration, and empowers our people to unleash their full potential.
Novartis are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons.
Join our Novartis Network: If this role is not suitable to your experience or career goals but you wish to stay connected to learn more about Novartis and our career opportunities, join the Novartis Network here: https://talentnetwork.novartis.com/network
Back to top