F1 AWS Big Data Architect
- Hyderabad, India
Novartis Business Services IT (NBS IT) is working to support Novartis to deliver better patient outcomes through innovative use of information and technology. As technology is reshaping the healthcare industry, IT will be a differentiator for our businesses, inspiring new ideas and enabling Novartis to reimagine medicine
Handle the development of architectural standards, and the direction and design of architecture for a business or technical domain. Manage efforts to elaborate and communicate the architecture of the given domain and/or the development of architectural solutions for projects and programs.
Develop architectural solutions for a complex business area or deliver architectural services or governance activities. Elaborate the solution architecture for a specific solution based on architecture-significant requirements and company-wide architecture standards. Utilize architecture patterns to suggest the most adequate utilization of technical platforms in support of the holistic solution architecture design. Maintain and evolve Architecture tools and platforms, principles, policies and standards
• Support system architecture definition for Big Data, Advanced Analytics systems
• Architect highly scalable and distributed enterprise big data solutions for data science, reporting & analytics on cloud-hosted environments,
• Design and document architecture at multiple levels (high-level to detail) and across multiple views (conceptual, logical, physical, data flow and sequence diagrams)
• Translate business requirements into conceptual and detailed technology solutions
• Deliver technical spikes / evaluations on the AWS platform
Graduation / post graduation in the relevant stream. Good communication, stakeholder engagement and technical writing skills
• Technical knowledge IT Solution Architecture - University degree or equivalent. - At least 5-9 years of experience in IT, predominantly in Big Data and Advanced Analytics
• Experience with data modeling and integrating with source data systems and BI tools. Expertise architecting and delivering highly-scalable, distributed, cloud-based enterprise data solutions
• Strong AWS hands-on expertise and programming background. Good knowledge of Big Data frameworks and related technologies (Spark, Kafka, Hadoop, NoSQL...)
• Experienced in applying IaC and DevOps best practices. Hands-on architect having strong experience in programming languages primarily Java, Python, Unix shell scripts
• Strong in API based architecture and concept. Able to do quick PoC using API integration and development
• Good knowledge of DevOps tools (Artifactory, CI/CD Frameworks). Basic knowledge of machine learning and data science concepts and related technologies (RStudio, Jupyter). Agile and scrum methodologies knowledge
Why consider Novartis?
799 million. That's how many lives our products touched in 2019. And while we're proud of that fact, in this world of digital and technological transformation, we must also ask ourselves this: how can we continue to improve and extend even more people's lives?
We believe the answers are found when curious, courageous and collaborative people like you are brought together in an inspiring environment. Where you're given opportunities to explore the power of digital and data. Where you're empowered to risk failure by taking smart risks, and where you're surrounded by people who share your determination to tackle the world's toughest medical challenges.
Imagine what you could do at Novartis!
Back to top