External Operations Manager Distribution
- Hyderabad, India
2025! This is the year that Global Clinical supply is targeting for completing the evolution our systems into a "digital enabled" Landscape 300+ associates. Join a team of globally collaborative colleagues at the 'Global Clinical Supply (GCS)' function to support clinical trials from Phase 1 to approval and be a key interface between Technical Research & Development teams and the Clinical teams.
YOUR KEY RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Manages all applicable finance activities, including Request for Proposal (RFP) for bidding & vendor
Selection, Grants, Purchase Orders (PO), invoice approval and tracking financial metrics.
2. Assesses risks of the particular distribution strategy and provides guidance to the CTSM for distribution Supply chain setup optimization. Advises GCS Study Team on all relevant elements of clinical distribution to ensure optimal usage of available capacity and budget. Drives the optimization of the general supply chain planning for development projects.
3. Manages order alignment with GCS Study team members to coordinate distribution order preparation
and to ensure proactive resolution of any distribution order related questions.
4. Acts as the key business partner for operational interactions with the Vendors. Reviews the vendor
Capacity, resource planning and distribution tracker. Is responsible for the setup, management and development of the external distribution network. Interacts with the CTSM and distribution vendor to flag potential issues or bottlenecks due to high demands, seasonal situations or local/regional issues.
5. Works closely with internal GCS Logistics team to ensure trade compliance to Novartis and general
Standards are adhered by the external distribution vendors. Manages deviations occurring at external vendors and escalates high level issues/bottlenecks to the relevant internal GCS stakeholders and external partners.
6. Participates or supports external inspections and audits together with TRD QA (and GCP QA where
applicable) to assess distribution contractor capabilities. Monitors and analyses vendor performance with pre-defined KPIs and collaborates with vendor to identify process optimizations and ensures timely follow up and completion of actions.
7. Being sub-process owner in GCS, drives innovation in the areas of process simplification and cost
8. Contributes to productivity targets by continuously improve processes in own area of expertise. Liaises with GCS counterparts to review project status. Provides and analyses reports on various distribution as well as finance related topics
WHAT YOU'LL BRING TO THE ROLE:
1. More than 5 years of practical experience in chemical /pharmaceutical industry or > 3 years of experience in field of expertise.
2. Good expertise in related field. Good knowledge about the Drug Development process.
3. Basic project management, good organization and planning skills
4. Knowledge of relevant regulations (e.g. GMP, HSE etc.) and Novartis specific standards.
5. Demonstrates problem-solving and idea generation skills
6. Good presentation skills & fundamental leadership skills.
Why consider Novartis?
799 million. That's how many lives our products touched in 2019. And while we're proud of that fact, in this world of digital and technological transformation, we must also ask ourselves this: how can we continue to improve and extend even more people's lives?
We believe the answers are found when curious, courageous and collaborative people like you are brought together in an inspiring environment. Where you're given opportunities to explore the power of digital and data. Where you're empowered to risk failure by taking smart risks, and where you're surrounded by people who share your determination to tackle the world's toughest medical challenges.
Imagine what you could do at Novartis!
Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
Novartis embraces diversity, equal opportunity and inclusion. We are committed to building diverse teams, representative of the patients and communities we serve, and we strive to create an inclusive workplace that cultivates bold innovation through collaboration, and empowers our people to unleash their full potential.
Back to top