External Innovative Partnership Head Neuroscience (80-100%)
- Basel, Switzerland
3000! That is the number of medical associates worldwide who will benefit from your work. As External Innovative Partnership Head, you will develop and lead global strategic partnerships for the Neuroscience franchise in collaboration with cross-functional colleagues. Partnerships of strategic importance are intended to change or advance the clinical practice in disease areas relevant to the franchise, and are intended to improve patient outcomes and access to the right treatments at the right time. Relevant partnerships will include a wide variety of external stakeholders, such as professional societies, academic institutions, HTA bodies, other pharma companies and start-up companies
Your responsibilities will include:
• Build a strong network with key professional societies, patient organizations, insurers, payers, governments, health systems and start-up companies.
• Identify key partnership opportunities for research or educational purposes.
• Build a deep understanding of key health systems across the globe, and identify key needs and opportunities to improve clinical care and outcomes for patients with diseases included in the franchise. This may include (new ways of) evidence generation, education of clinical practioners, developing new relevant clinical endpoints, developing new clinical evaluation and/or management tools, etc.
• Align within the franchise on key opportunities to improve clinical care and patient outcomes, and identify possible external partners/bodies who have aligned objectives and have an interest in collaboration.
• Develop framework to support the identification, funding framework, evaluation of rigor and fit, engagement and development of strategic partnerships and technologies according to their fit to the business and priorities.
What you'll bring to the role:
• 8-10+ years relevant pharma experience acquired at pharmaceutical companies, especially good understanding of the Neuroscience disease area.
• Ability to think disruptively, and ability to challenge the status quo constructively
• Ability to quickly establish credibility, influence and respect, set clear and ambitious goals, lead strategic analysis and innovation, and inspire collaboration from peers and stakeholders.
• Strong organizational, interpersonal and influencing skills. Ability to probe, challenge and question appropriately and strive for continual improvement
• Deep understanding healthcare ecosystem and Pharmaceutical industry interfaces
• Strong understanding of drug development with proven ability to identify and deliver key evidence needs a diverse range of stakeholders.
• Deep understanding of pharmaceutical value chain and its business processes, strong knowledge of clinical and real-world data
Why consider Novartis?
799 million. That's how many lives our products touched in 2019. And while we're proud of that fact, in this world of digital and technological transformation, we must also ask ourselves this: how can we continue to improve and extend even more people's lives?
We believe the answers are found when curious, courageous and collaborative people like you are brought together in an inspiring environment. Where you're given opportunities to explore the power of digital and data. Where you're empowered to risk failure by taking smart risks, and where you're surrounded by people who share your determination to tackle the world's toughest medical challenges.
Imagine what you could do at Novartis!
Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
Novartis embraces diversity, equal opportunity and inclusion. We are committed to building diverse teams, representative of the patients and communities we serve, and we strive to create an inclusive workplace that cultivates bold innovation through collaboration, and empowers our people to unleash their full potential.
Join our Novartis Network: If this role is not suitable to your experience or career goals but you wish to stay connected to learn more about Novartis and our career opportunities, join the Novartis Network here: https://talentnetwork.novartis.com/network
Back to top