Executive Director HE&OR
- East Hanover, NJ
Posting Title :
Executive Director HE&OR
Job Description :
799 million. That's how many lives our products touched in 2019. And while we're proud of that fact, in this world of digital and technological transformation, we must also ask ourselves this: how can we continue to improve and extend even more people's lives?
1. HEOR Strategy and Evidence Generation - Providing leadership with customers (payers, policymakers, providers and patients), and recognition as a preferred HE&OR partner with external stakeholders. Creation of the HE&OR and Medical Access strategy for the designated therapeutic area(s) to deliver a Value Demonstration Plan (VDP) that is fully aligned with medical and business leaders, and passionate about achieving business and access goals. Co-lead development of the HE&OR and HE&OR and Medical Access Team Strategies
2. Payer-Centric Evidence Strategy & Execution - Closely partner with Medical Access team to shape, enable and drive payer-centricity in all HEOR research and activities supporting pipeline and inline products across MUs.
3. External Partnerships - Develop and lead research partnerships with academia, leaders with vision, managed care and other customers, and contract research organizations to enhance the impact of outcomes research projects
4. HEOR Talent Development - Partner with the functional Vice President (VP) to attract and develop top HEOR talent, and to coordinate HEOR talent assessment and deployment across six MUs. Build culture and lead in line with company cultural aspiration - "Unbossed," "Curious," and "Inspired." Provide training, coaching and feedback to HEOR associates to help them reach their potential and achieve top performance.
5. Business Partnering - Effectively partner with internal stakeholders (MU Head, Medical Directors, Medical Access, Medical Account Management, Market Access, Global teams, etc.) at strategic and tactical levels to generate and disseminate robust HEOR findings in support of a broad set of partners including payers.
6. HEOR Functional Leadership - Serve as a key member and organizer of US HEOR & Medical Access Extended Leadership Team. Contribute to continuous improvement and development of HEOR function through leadership of functional initiatives and organizational change. Role model leadership behaviors to promote desired culture.
EEO Statement The Novartis Group of Companies are Equal Opportunity Employers and take pride in maintaining a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.
• An advanced degree (masters or doctorate) in health economics, statistics, health policy or related field is required.
• PhD or PharmD with strong focus in Health Economics, Public Health, Epidemiology or related field preferred
• > 10 years' experience in the pharma or healthcare sector, preferably in health economics, market access or related functions/fields is required.
• >3 years people management experience preferred. Proven track record of leading teams.
• Experience in Health Technology Assessment (HTA) markets is strongly preferred.
• Substantial experience in shaping HEOR and RWE strategy supporting pipeline products is strongly preferred.
• Substantial experience engaging or partnering with external organizations (e.g., universities, value assessors, regulatory agencies, etc.) is strongly preferred.
Back to top