Engineering Manager Workplace Technology
- Prague, Czech Republic
Engineering Manager Workplace Technology, Novartis, Prague, Czech Republic
10! number of associates reporting to Engineering Manager Workplace Technology. We are looking for someone to be responsible for design and implementation of infrastructure solutions within our newly created Workplace Technology team. Managing the engineering function, this position play a critical part of the delivery of our next generation solutions. As a leader, we are interested in speaking to candidates with the ability to consult in both technical discussions to help drive stability and quality, whilst also collaborating with stakeholders cross functionally to ensure services are delivered efficiently through process optimization. With Novartis moving to a CI/CD approach, finding new ways to test and deploy to a userbase over 250,000 will be a challenge, so finding ways to drive a culture of innovation will be a large part of this role!
Your key responsibilities:
Your responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Management and development of a multicultural team, including both internal team members and third party resources.
• Own the design, development and implementation of new development and testing environments including overall accountability of solution stability and performance
• Assess and advise on innovation plans with in the space in partnership with other senior leaders within our IT organization globally
• Create, review and agree unit strategy, architect and investment plans to help build global standardization of network environments, hardware and monitoring tools
What you'll bring to the role:
• Engineering experience within the O365 suite, ideally within voice and video specially
• Experience configuring and deploying Endpoint Management systems such as Microsoft Intune
• Experience developing high performing teams that align with our cultural values.
• Experience collaborating with stakeholders within a variety of business units, such as finance, procurement and People with demonstrable skills influencing others
• Solutions focused approach to technology development, with a passion for business partnering and the enthusiasm to help our business embrace new concepts and ways of working
• Existing experience in a global or regional leadership role
• ITIL Expert Certification
Monthly pension contribution matching your individual contribution up to 3% of your gross monthly base salary; Risk Life Insurance (full cost covered by Novartis);; 5-week holiday per year; (1 week above the Labour Law requirement) ; 4 paid sick days within one calendar year in case of absence due to sickness without a medical sickness report; Cafeteria employee benefit program - choice of benefits from Edenred CZ in the amount of 12,500 CZK per year; Meal vouchers in amount of 90 CZK for each working day (full tax covered by company); Company Car / Car Allowance; MultiSport Card; Stock Options. Find out more about Novartis Business Services: https://www.novartis.cz/
Why consider Novartis?
799 million. That's how many lives our products touched in 2019. And while we're proud of that fact, in this world of digital and technological transformation, we must also ask ourselves this: how can we continue to improve and extend even more people's lives?
We believe the answers are found when curious, courageous and collaborative people like you are brought together in an inspiring environment. Where you're given opportunities to explore the power of digital and data. Where you're empowered to risk failure by taking smart risks, and where you're surrounded by people who share your determination to tackle the world's toughest medical challenges.
Imagine what you could do at Novartis!
Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
Novartis embraces diversity, equal opportunity and inclusion. We are committed to building diverse teams, representative of the patients and communities we serve, and we strive to create an inclusive workplace that cultivates bold innovation through collaboration, and empowers our people to unleash their full potential.
Novartis are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons.
Join our Novartis Network If this role is not suitable to your experience or career goals but you wish to stay connected to learn more about Novartis and our career opportunities, join the Novartis Network here: https://talentnetwork.novartis.com/network
Back to top