- Prague, Czech Republic
Engineering Manager, Novartis, Prague, Czech Republic
10! The number of new technologies you will work to enable digital transformation.
Your responsibilities include, but not limited to:
• Drive and contribute to architectural improvements and standardization for software and platform solutions.
• Ensure effective introduction and implementation of good software development and engineering practices, including processes, tools and methods demonstrating DevOps practices in concert with the enterprise IT processes, tools and organization. Ensure secure and regulatory compliance (GxP).
• Support and help the team to develop solutions demonstrating new technologies by applying a combination of data engineering, data analysis/ modelling, visualization, search and UI/UX skills.
• Drive innovation ideas/ discussions and build solutions with hands on development. Contribute as part of development and application teams to build products and solutions from prototype to production and beyond.
• Define and conduct training sessions, perform day to day support on active use of solutions to drive user adoption of innovative solutions. Provide an ability to think about business processes outside of the technology context.
What you'll bring to the role:
• B.S./M.S in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent experience, excellent English required
• Foundation in computer science, with proficiencies in data structures, algorithms, and software design. Proficiencies/exposure to data science and algorithm development
• Experienced in use of DevOps tools (e.g. Ansible, Jenkins etc.), preferably experienced in multiple technologies
• Programming languages: (web/frontend) JS+HTML+CSS, (scripting/backend), JS/Python/Scala/Ruby/Java, (databases) SQL
• Technologies/frameworks: Node. JS/AngularJS/ReactJS, AWS/Azure, RESTful APIs, MySQL/ SQLServer/Oracle or NoSQL (e.g. MongoDB), Git. Data science Frameworks/libraries: PyTorch, tensorflow etc.
• Exposure to design thinking and working in and with agile teams
• Demonstrable ability to quickly learn new technologies
Monthly pension contribution matching your individual contribution up to max 3% of your gross monthly basic salary; Risk Life Insurance and insurance in case of long term sickness; 5-week holiday per year; (1 week above the Labour Law requirement) ; 4 paid sick days within one calendar year in case of absence due to sickness without a medical sickness report; Cafeteria employee benefit program - choice of benefits from Edenred CZ in the amount of 12,500 CZK per year; Meal vouchers in amount of 80 CZK for each working day (full tax covered by company); Car Allowance; MultiSport Card. Find out more about Novartis Business Services: https://www.novartis.cz/
Why consider Novartis?
750 million. That's how many lives our products touch. And while we're proud of that fact, in this world of digital and technological transformation, we must also ask ourselves this: how can we continue to improve and extend even more people's lives?
We believe the answers are found when curious, courageous and collaborative people like you are brought together in an inspiring environment. Where you're given opportunities to explore the power of digital and data. Where you're empowered to risk failure by taking smart risks, and where you're surrounded by people who share your determination to tackle the world's toughest medical challenges.
We are Novartis. Join us and help us reimagine medicine.
Novartis are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons.
Back to top