DSP Technical Steward (H/F)
- Saint-Louis, France
The Novartis Biotechnology Center based in Hunningue, France, is a center of reference in the production of bio-drugs, clinical and commercial, by culturing mammalian cells.
Come and join a committed team of 650 people, in a motivating environment, where more than 1500 Kgs of active proteins were produced in 2019!
To further strengthen our manufacturing capabilities, we are looking for a DSP Technical Steward to join our Manufacturing, Science and Technology department (MS&T) team. As a core member of the Manufacturing Sciences Team, your responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Support the optimization and evolution of biologics bulk drug substance manufacturing processes for commercial and late clinical phase products, through process understanding and applied science.
• Provide technical leadership for complex issues and optimization and improvement projects for purification manufacturing processes for commercial products.
• Leading the technical oversight by MS&T Purification team of manufacturing unit operations for one or more products;
• Identifying areas for improvement in process stability/variability or performance and drive opportunities for process improvements, including innovative technologies;
• Drive/coordinate troubleshooting of complex issues during purification manufacturing unit operations through process understanding and applied science and engineering;
• Defining needs for major manufacturing changes/issues, or as required by regulatory commitments.
• Working in close collaboration with the Production Unit, Process Development, other sites and the global MS&T network to facilitate transfer of technical knowledge and ensure quality, on-time supply of our products to our patients.
• Lead purification activities for process site transfers (gap/risk assessments, control strategy adaptation, transfer acceptance criteria).
• Reviewing technical publications to stay abreast of technical developments in industry.
What you'll bring to the role:
• Strong and agile communication skills, you will act as the advocate for your project(s) and you will represent Huningue's MS&T department in either local or global project teams or relevant product boards.
• Solid Knowledge in protein purification (preferably from mammalian cell culture)
• Lead investigation teams, taking into account production environment constraints (e.g., business continuity, planning). Ensure appropriate stakeholder engagement and support, and clearly communicate on progress and issues, presenting technical analytical data clearly and concisely.
• Solid experience in at least one major purification technique (chromatography, UFDF, filtration)
• Technical expertise in providing to Engineering for design activities in CAPEX projects around purification technologies
• Previous experience in stakeholder and project management is desirable.
• GMP knowledge and understanding is desirable.
• PhD with 5 - 7 years, MSc with > 7 years of professional experience in process development purification or commercial manufacturing purification [large or small scale], preferably in the biopharmaceutical industry
• Languages: English (fluent or professional proficiency), French (at least basic level, with willingness to learn).
• A competitive salary: 70 200€ - 105 400€
• An annual bonus
• A focus on your career development
• Access to our Quality of Life at work programme
• Flexible working
• Advanced social coverage for you and your loved ones
• 27 days of paid leave & 14 days of RTT per year
• Various employee recognition programs
Why consider Novartis?
799 million. That's how many lives our products touched in 2019. And while we're proud of that fact, in this world of digital and technological transformation, we must also ask ourselves this: how can we continue to improve and extend even more people's lives?
We believe the answers are found when curious, courageous and collaborative people like you are brought together in an inspiring environment. Where you're given opportunities to explore the power of digital and data. Where you're empowered to risk failure by taking smart risks, and where you're surrounded by people who share your determination to tackle the world's toughest medical challenges.
Imagine what you could do at Novartis!
Novartis has been certified as a "Top Employer" in France
Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
Novartis embraces diversity, equal opportunity and inclusion. We are committed to building diverse teams, representative of the patients and communities we serve, and we strive to create an inclusive workplace that cultivates bold innovation through collaboration, and empowers our people to unleash their full potential.
Join our Novartis Network: If this role is not suitable to your experience or career goals but you wish to stay connected to learn more about Novartis and our career opportunities, join the Novartis Network here: https://talentnetwork.novartis.com/network
Back to top