Drug Product Project Leader Parenteral Dosage Forms (80-100%*)
- Basel, Switzerland
~350! This is the number of associates in Global Pharmaceutical Development around the globe, working tirelessly on innovative and patient centric pharmaceutical dosage forms for oral, parenteral, topical and inhaled administration routes. For the Development of our small molecule parenteral projects, we are looking for a Drug Product Project Leader. As a member of Pharmaceutical Development (PHAD), you will represent PHAD in global project teams and define the global Formulation and Process Development strategy of the assigned project(s). With your energy, you will shape the future of the Novartis small molecule portfolio and bring our molecules to our patients!
Your responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
• Lead and manage Formulation & Process development activities, including process optimization, scale up and validation applying QbD principles in line with the overall project strategy of the global project team with a focus on RNA and oligonucleotides related projects. Experience in late phase development for sterile products, e.g. Ophthalmics, is advantageous.
• Seek alignment with departments and functions in and outside of own department (e.g. Analytical Research and Development, Clinical Supply, QA), and proactively communicate the overall project strategy, key issues and other critical topics in a timely manner to the appropriate management level, customer and stakeholders.
• Drive the resolution of technical challenges in a timely fashion.
• Lead the Drug Product team(s) in a complex international matrix organization and in line with the culture, values and behaviors of Novartis
• Be accountable to meet quality, timelines and budget for assigned projects.
• Manage interactions with internal and external stakeholders.
What you will bring to the role:
• Education: Ph.D. in pharmaceutical technology or related science. Language: Excellent English required (oral & written). Local language advantageous.
• Minimum of 7+ years of experience within the pharmaceutical industry, preferably in late phase development for sterile products and oligonucleotides.
• Excellent knowledge of the Pharmaceutical Development (formulation and process development) is required.
• Proven 5+ years of leadership experience in managing complex development projects, ideally in a global matrix environment.
Why consider Novartis?
799 million. That's how many lives our products touched in 2019. And while we're proud of that fact, in this world of digital and technological transformation, we must also ask ourselves this: how can we continue to improve and extend even more people's lives?
We believe the answers are found when curious, courageous and collaborative people like you are brought together in an inspiring environment. Where you're given opportunities to explore the power of digital and data. Where you're empowered to risk failure by taking smart risks, and where you're surrounded by people who share your determination to tackle the world's toughest medical challenges.
Imagine what you could do at Novartis!
Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
Novartis embraces diversity, equal opportunity and inclusion. We are committed to building diverse teams, representative of the patients and communities we serve, and we strive to create an inclusive workplace that cultivates bold innovation through collaboration, and empowers our people to unleash their full potential.
*Some restrictions on flexible working options may apply and will be discussed during interview if applicable.
Join our Novartis Network:
If this role is not suitable to your experience or career goals but you wish to stay connected to learn more about Novartis and our career opportunities, join the Novartis Network here:
Back to top