799 million. That's how many lives our products touch. And while we're proud of that fact, in this world of digital and technological transformation, we must also ask ourselves this: how can we continue to improve and extend even more people's lives?
The Director, Data Science will be responsible for the development of leading analytic products by integrating data, analytics, and technology to support the critical initiatives of US Health Economics & Outcomes Research, Medical Access, and Population Health and Account Management. Analytic products span the spectrum from meticulous protocol driven studies to exploratory analyses that incorporate modern statistical methods and the development of industrial data pipelines and analytic deployment to create ground-breaking efficiency.
Lead the RWE and Data Science statistical team to execute innovative analytic product development across methodology domains spanning health economics, epidemiology, implementation science, and quality improvement projects.
• Lead the statistical team to standardize and deploy scalable analytics to drive ground-breaking efficiency and scale.
• Effectively manage the statistical analyses for individual projects from translation of the research question into analysis plan development to execution and delivery of statistical products. Manage and communicate project timelines to ensure that objectives are met.
• Partner with the data engineering to ensure efficient data pipeline development and improvement that allow for scalable deployment.
• Support the Systems of Care Data Network program through innovative quality improvement and implementation science partnerships, along with other external data and analytic partnerships.
Drive disruptive efficiency through a culture of continuous improvement and scientific leadership
• Lead systematic improvement of research tools, templates and across-project efficiency.
• Represent the US HE&OR RWE and Data Science team and provide leadership for external scientific groups focused on methods development in observational data.
• Identify emerging data assets and opportunities with customers, academic centers, and research organizations.
• Identify and cultivate talent and flexible resourcing to increase productivity in a resource constrained environment
Diversity & Inclusion / EEO
The Novartis Group of Companies are Equal Opportunity Employers and take pride in maintaining a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status. We are committed to building diverse teams, representative of the patients and communities we serve, and we strive to create an inclusive workplace that cultivates bold innovation through collaboration and empowers our people to unleash their full potential.
• M.S. or Ph.D. in statistics, applied mathematics, epidemiology, computer science, informatics or other quantitative fields. Preferred
• 7+ years of experience with execution of observational research study design in a variety of real-world data sources in pharmaceuticals, tech, consulting or academia. Preferred
• Experience leading and developing analytic plans for research protocols requiring an in-depth knowledge of research design and empirical methodologies used in RWE and HEOR.
• Specialist in scripting using statistical software packages, such as R or Python and the use of GIT for code management.
• Experience with industrializing and deploying analytics at scale in a web/cloud environment and managing data engineering teams.
• Software product development or technology background.
Why consider Novartis?
We believe the answers are found when curious, courageous and collaborative people like you are brought together in an inspiring environment. Where you're given opportunities to explore the power of digital and data. Where you're empowered to risk failure by taking smart risks, and where you're surrounded by people who share your determination to tackle the world's toughest medical challenges.
Imagine what you could do at Novartis!
East Hanover, NJ
Company / Legal Entity