Director Real World Evidence (RWE)
- East Hanover, NJ
799 million. That's how many lives our products touched in 2019. And while we're proud of that fact, in this world of digital and technological transformation, we must also ask ourselves this: how can we continue to improve and extend even more people's lives?
As a Principal Real World Evidence (RWE) Scientist within the RWE Center of Excellence (CoE), you will be responsible for developing RWE strategies across multiple molecules within a disease area to deliver innovative and scientifically robust evidence. You will collaborate with multiple stakeholders and partner throughout the organization to develop RWE Plans, design innovative RWE studies and implement robust analyses to address product- and disease-area research questions, which will inform business decisions about the research and development of our products as well as support healthcare decisions by patients, physicians, health authorities, payers, and policy-makers. This will require a deep understanding of observational research methods to define appropriate research questions and data sources, study design, rigorous and fit-for-purpose analytical approaches as well as strong communication skills to summarize and present findings. You will need excellent technical, strategic, leadership, collaboration and communication skills, as well as an entrepreneurial mindset, to work with and through others, to reimagine the way we use data and analytics to develop and deliver medicines for patients.
You will drive the development of RWE approaches, techniques, and standards using your expertise in an assigned area. You will also drive the creation of best practices by working closely with franchises in regions and key countries to enable RWE generation and maximize its value. You will serve as a role model for peers and coach colleagues (e.g., RWE Scientists) to improve in their role with both personal and technical skills
1. Develop and drive RWE strategies across multiple molecules, in collaboration with internal partners, to ensure that the value of our medicines is fully supported by evidence both globally and locally.
2. Lead cross-functional Real World Evidence team consisting of internal partners with the clear objective to deliver scientifically valid and robust evidence to support all stages of product development, and to drive global and local value demonstration.
3. Ask the right scientific questions, understand the evidence needs for product development, regulatory and market access, and ideate and make recommendations on fit-for-purpose data and analytics solutions.
4. Work closely with and proactively anticipate the needs of regions and countries to develop timely, meaningful and robust evidence to support product value demonstration aligned with local needs (patient access, reimbursement, medical education, and patient advocacy).
5. Foster learning with internal and external partners by developing and using analytical tools and applications to broaden data accessibility and advance our proficiency/efficiency in understanding and using the data appropriately.
6. Stay current with and adopt emergent analytical methodologies, tools and applications to ensure fit-for-purpose and innovative approaches; identify new ideas for RWE that are specific and measurable and promote an innovative mindset throughout the organization
7. Apply rigor in study design and analytical methods; design a fit-for-purpose analysis plan, assess innovative and more effective ways of presenting and delivering the results to maximize impact and interpretability; implement and/or oversee the study, including its reporting; ensure compliance with applicable pharma industry regulations and standards.
8. Drive RWE innovations and effective communication to internal stakeholders, regulatory, health technology assessment (HTA) bodies and scientific communities; continuously strive to publish results in peer-review journals and conferences; participate in external meetings and forums as a thought-leader (e.g. congress/conference).
EEO Statement The Novartis Group of Companies are Equal Opportunity Employers and take pride in maintaining a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.
• Advanced degree or equivalent education/degree in life science/healthcare required. PhD or equivalent preferred
• 8+ years relevant experience acquired at pharmaceutical companies, academia, healthcare provider / Payer / HTA, or relevant consultancy companies
• Deep understanding and experience of Real World Data/Real World Evidence or related disciplines to generate scientifically rigorous and value evidence from secondary data sources.
• Strong understanding of drug development with proven ability to identify and deliver key evidence needs for Clinical Development, Commercial, Market Access, HEOR, Medical, Safety, and Regulatory stakeholders.
• Demonstrated track record of leading and executing research projects with no or minimal supervision using real world data from claims, electronic health records, registries, biobanks, and/or digital applications.
• Demonstrated ability to publish study results in peer-review journals and conferences
Back to top