Director Medical Information
- East Hanover, NJ
799 million. That's how many lives our products touched in 2019. And while we're proud of that fact, in this world of digital and technological transformation, we must also ask ourselves this: how can we continue to improve and extend even more people's lives?
The Director Medical Information is an integral member of the Medical Information team who leverages therapeutic and product knowledge of Novartis oncology products to optimize internal and external customer communications. This position offers an opportunity to work on cross-functional teams to support Novartis oncology products. Acts as a resource, provides guidance, coaching and mentoring to MI colleagues.
Your responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Create and deliver timely responses to unsolicited medical information inquiries/requests from HCPs in a multi-media environment and record information according to Novartis and regulatory guidelines. Reviews and Approves Standard Response Documents (SRDs) for oncology portfolio. Provide oversight for medical inquiry fulfilment process.
• Conduct medical review of promotional materials during Oncology Marketing PRT (oMAP) meetings. Collaborate with cross-functional teams to identify strategies and execute tactics to support Novartis Oncology products (e.g. medical product teams [IDMT], launch management teams [LMT], Global Oncology Scientific Affairs). Lead development and implementation processes for compendia landscape; develop comprehensive compendia strategies for product by interfacing with key internal stakeholders and lead submission process
• Develop and provide therapeutic and product training to multiple internal customers (e.g. sales force, customer interaction center [CIC], MSLs, clinical). Create and update clinical section of AMCP dossier and ensure timely delivery to HCPs upon solicited requests. Perform literature review for product NDA annual submission in a timely fashion
• Create and maintain constant interactions with Global Oncology, US Clinical Development and Medical Affairs (US CDMA), Marketing / Sales functions, in order to ensure alignment of US Oncology MI strategy with business needs. Develop and implement operational processes for internal department as it relates to daily MI activities. Participate in multiple projects to ensure medical information capabilities are utilized, both cross-functionally and internally
• Monitor, collect, and analyze metrics for MI activities and report on a regular basis. Develop and conduct numerous audits on MI activities to ensure compliance with all legal, regulatory, and Novartis guidelines. Be a resource and provide appropriate coaching and mentoring to MI colleagues (e.g., SRD creation, PRT [oMAP] interaction, IDMT contributions, compendia strategy, etc)
• Identify and champion best practice examples in MI. Precept and develop a plan of action for fellows rotating through the med info department.
EEO Statement The Novartis Group of Companies are Equal Opportunity Employers and take pride in maintaining a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.
What you'll bring to the role:
• PhD, PharmD, DNP , NP or MD required
• 7 plus years of experience in medical writing, medical information/drug information, and/or relevant clinical experience. Preferred
• Ability to acquire knowledge of various disease states and products
• Proven literature analysis and evaluation skills
• Proficient in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and technologically savvy
• Oncology therapeutic area experience and knowledge
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills as well as the ability to negotiate, resolve conflicts, prioritize, organize, and lead through influence in a complex, matrix environment
• Ability to manage multiple projects within defined timelines and the ability to mentor and act as a resource to junior colleagues
We believe the answers are found when curious, courageous and collaborative people like you are brought together in an inspiring environment. Where you're given opportunities to explore the power of digital and data. Where you're empowered to risk failure by taking smart risks, and where you're surrounded by people who share your determination to tackle the world's toughest medical challenges.
Imagine what you could do at Novartis!
Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
Novartis embraces diversity, equal opportunity and inclusion. We are committed to building diverse teams, representative of the patients and communities we serve, and we strive to create an inclusive workplace that cultivates bold innovation through collaboration, and empowers our people to unleash their full potential.
Join our Novartis Network: If this role is not suitable to your experience or career goals but you wish to stay connected to learn more about Novartis and our career opportunities, join the Novartis Network here: https://talentnetwork.novartis.com/network
Back to top