Director, Market Access Pricing Innovation
- East Hanover, NJ
Up to 27 potential launches expected in the next 5 years at Novartis. If serving patients is your passion - this may be the place for you! The Market Access team is looking for highly engaged strategic thinkers who will shape future commercialization of brands for Novartis and help improve the lives of patients. Do you want to be part of a team that puts patients first and puts a strong focus on customer-centric initiatives? We'd love to hear from you.
The US pharmaceutical market is large, profitable and still growing. The US healthcare system continues to advance regulatory approaches that favor innovation, including accelerated reviews for break-through therapies. The pharmaceutical pricing and market access environment, however, is under in-creasing pressure which is causing reductions in access to medications for appropriate patients.
Novartis has operated at the forefront of the managed care industry and is taking further steps to address both the near-term managed care issues as well as the longer-term sustainability of the US pricing and access model. As part of our efforts to remain at the forefront, Novartis is increasing sophistication and customization of market access strategies including innovation of our pricing and contracting models.
This role will be responsible for the development of innovative pricing and contracting models for our current and pipeline assets, which can be utilized in the next 12 months.
Your responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
• Responsible for the strategic development and financial evaluation of innovative contracting approaches that can be deployed for use against relevant portfolio assets.
• Leads market research to identify additional innovative pricing & contracting models that would be relevant to current and future assets
• Partner with MMF, legal, compliance and policy to strategically develop offerings and potential tests of change. Additionally work with necessary groups to translate price assumptions, deal analytics, and contract elements are appropriately captured in the G2N forecast where needed, provide ad hoc support of BD&L price and suppression models.
• Leads innovative pricing and contracting analyses including pre-modelling price sensitivity for Novartis Pharmaceutical products with appropriate stakeholders (payers, physicians) across pipeline, launch, and inline market considerations
• Partners across the organization to
EEO Statement The Novartis Group of Companies are Equal Opportunity Employers and take pride in maintaining a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.
What you'll bring to the role:
• Education: Bachelor's Degree in Math, Economics or other analytical major; advanced business degree (MBA) preferred
• 7+ years of pharmaceutical industry or related consulting experience
• Comprehensive knowledge of access landscape, pricing vehicles and contracting strategies.
• Experience working on a Launch Team with focus of pricing and contracting strategies
• Strong financial acumen and ability to effectively forecast account level prices, discounts and sales.
• Thorough understanding and knowledge of US healthcare economics and the drivers of pharmaceutical demand, including pricing and reimbursement.
• Forward thinker who can adapt and grow with the evolving pricing and contracting landscape
• Proficient in PowerPoint and MS Excel including experience developing financial models
• Travel as required
• Good understanding of US payer and reimbursement system and ongoing trends
• Ability to understand and interpret market/customer/segment trends
• Strong business acumen and strategic thinking/planning
• Ability to engage and mobilize customers and colleagues to act to support efforts/exceeding business objectives
• Medicare Part B experience
• Market and customer Insights
• Business Planning and business results
Competitive salary, annual bonus, long term incentive for select levels, health insurance, paid vacation/holidays, potential flexible working arrangements, subsidized dining facilities, employee recognition scheme.
Why consider Novartis?
769 million. That's how many lives our products touched in 2019. And while we're proud of that fact, in this world of digital and technological transformation, we must also ask ourselves this: how can we continue to improve and extend even more people's lives?
We believe the answers are found when curious, courageous and collaborative people like you are brought together in an inspiring environment. Where you're given opportunities to explore the power of digital and data. Where you're empowered to risk failure by taking smart risks, and where you're surrounded by people who share your determination to tackle the world's toughest medical challenges.
Imagine what you could do at Novartis!
Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
Novartis embraces diversity, equal opportunity and inclusion. We are committed to building diverse teams, representative of the patients and communities we serve, and we strive to create an inclusive workplace that cultivates bold innovation through collaboration, and empowers our people to unleash their full potential.
Join our Novartis Network: If this role is not suitable to your experience or career goals but you wish to stay connected to learn more about Novartis and our career opportunities, join the Novartis Network here: https://talentnetwork.novartis.com/network
Back to top