Director, Market Access Innovation
- East Hanover, NJ
Up to 27 potential launches expected in the next 5 years at Novartis. If serving patients is your passion - this may be the place for you! The Market Access team is looking for highly engaged strategic thinkers who will shape future commercialization of brands for Novartis and help improve the lives of patients. Do you want to be part of a team that puts patients first and puts a strong focus on customer-centric initiatives? We'd love to hear from you.
The US pharmaceutical market is large, profitable and still growing. The US healthcare system continues to advance regulatory approaches that favor innovation, including accelerated reviews for break-through therapies. The pharmaceutical pricing and market access environment, however, is under in-creasing pressure which is causing reductions in product uptake as well increases in rebated price con-cessions.
Novartis has operated at the forefront of the managed care industry and is taking further steps to ad-dress both the near-term managed care issues as well as the longer-term sustainability of the US pricing and access model. Key actions to address the near term issues include: a.) improving account engagement models; b.) increasing sophistication and customization of contracting and market access strategies; c.) enhancing sales pull-through capabilities; and, d.) transforming the patient support pro-grams. Novartis also aspires to engage and help shape the external environment in a positive way. The steps we are taking include education, lobbying, policy-related work and new ideas for pricing and access models aimed at making the environment more favorable and stable for the longer term.
This role will be a critical part of building a clear and comprehensive understanding of the US market access landscape from a strategic perspective. This role will help enable the Market Access LT and the US Pharma leadership team to both mitigate the increasing risks in the marketplace as well as to shape the external environment in a manner more conducive to the strategic objectives of the business.
Your responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
Drives Thought Leadership - Strategic Market Access Landscape Assessment,
• Helps MA LT to set research agenda for evaluating outlook for/trends in strategic market access landscape
• Leads multidisciplinary research teams of internal and external resources (e.g., finance, medical, HEOR, marketing, and third party vendors) to develop Market Access perspective on key agenda items including the strategic, financial and operational implications to Novartis of these major trends (e.g., implications of changes in payer industry structure, value-based pricing and access approaches to pricing and contracting).
• Via a disciplined, hypothesis-driven methodology develops evidence-based analyses and shape that analysis into executive level presentations (Market Access and PEC) as input to their strategic decision making processes
• The outputs of the Strategic Market Access landscape assessment efforts are intended to facilitate clear-er decision making for the Market Access LT and the senior leadership of US Pharma with respect to the impact of the US market access environment on commercialization of current and future products.
• Develop and support all relevant communications to key internal audiences for the content generated
Build Enduring Capabilities for Strategic Market Access Assessment:
• In collaboration with ED of Outlook and Business Planning, design and institutionalize a holistic, evidence-based and hypothesis-driven analytic methodology that is sustainable beyond any particular team/persons who conduct the analyses.
• Design a related management system to govern the development and maintenance of strategic insights related that will ensure the ability to deliver predictive insights to the MA leadership team as well as the ability to systematically explain the causes of major changes/trends in key market phenomena (e.g., industry structure, competitor moves, pricing trends)
EEO Statement The Novartis Group of Companies are Equal Opportunity Employers and take pride in maintaining a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.
What you'll bring to the role:
• Bachelor's degree required, Graduate degree preferred
• Minimum 7 years commercial experience, preferably with multi-functional experience in a pharmaceutical environment such as:
o Business analysis; financial management; strategic planning experience
o Sales and sales management experience
o Operations experience
o Brand/product marketing experience and understanding of the marketing processes; previous managed markets experience; thorough knowledge of the integrated healthcare system
• Demonstrated leadership abilities
• Strong understanding of the pharmaceutical industry and external factors impacting the market
• Excellent project management and problem solving skills
• Proven ability to understand, track, analyze and leverage data into building effective strategies and business plans
• Demonstrated ability to self-start and proactively initiate
• Exceptional time management, planning, organizational, negotiating and influencing skills
Competitive salary, annual bonus, long term incentive for select levels, health insurance, paid vacation/holidays, potential flexible working arrangements, subsidized dining facilities, employee recognition scheme.
Why consider Novartis?
750 million. That's how many lives our products touch. And while we're proud of that fact, in this world of digital and technological transformation, we must also ask ourselves this: how can we continue to improve and extend even more people's lives?
We believe the answers are found when curious, courageous and collaborative people like you are brought together in an inspiring environment. Where you're given opportunities to explore the power of digital and data. Where you're empowered to risk failure by taking smart risks, and where you're surrounded by people who share your determination to tackle the world's toughest medical challenges.
At Novartis we are re-imagining medicine to address some of society's most challenging healthcare is-sues. We discover and develop breakthrough treatments and find new ways to deliver them to as many people as possible.
We are Novartis. Join us and help us re-imagine medicine.
Back to top