799 million. That's how many lives our products touch. And while we're proud of that fact, in this world of digital and technological transformation, we must also ask ourselves this: how can we continue to improve and extend even more people's lives?
The Director, Market Access Disease Lead is accountable for optimizing reimbursement & access within Region LACan, and leading provision of reimbursement and access related support to Novartis OBUs. The incumbent will act as advisor for OBU Heads, BU market access staff, regional management and brand teams on issues related to HEOR, PRO's, HTA, dossier submission and value propositions, with main focus on developing access solutions to be implemented by the country teams.
Main Responsibilities will focus on the following areas:
I. Strategic Market Access by:
1. Acquiring a good level of understanding of the Health Care Systems and Sub-Systems across the Region, their dynamics and the business model as it addresses their different needs and challenges in each country.
2. Actively participating and representing the Access organization in the development of the Strat Plan, Annual Budget, IDAPS and VAST processes for the Franchise-related brands, ensuring that access topics are duly represented and integrated.
3. Developing and delivering targeted value propositions including value messages, value propositions and payer partnership programs
4. Leading and supporting the integration of tailored value propositions which may drive market access solutions, new commercial models, shared contribution models,
5. Ensuring reimbursement approval cycles are known and deadlines are met, with metrics in place, so external delays are also minimized
6. Engaging with cross functional brand teams to ensure that access initiatives are aligned with the overall strategy so as to optimize Access and Reimbursement through the product's lifecycle
II. Health Technology Assessment (HTA) and HEOR by:
7. Providing in depth oversight of HTA submission documents with clear value propositions that address customer's needs
8. Ensuring on time submission of high quality dossiers and driving the development and implementation of payer programs across products' life cycle.
Diversity & Inclusion / EEO
The Novartis Group of Companies are Equal Opportunity Employers and take pride in maintaining a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status. We are committed to building diverse teams, representative of the patients and communities we serve, and we strive to create an inclusive workplace that cultivates bold innovation through collaboration and empowers our people to unleash their full potential.
• Degree in medicine, pharmacy, life sciences, economics, public health sciences. In addition, a professional HTA qualification or equivalent is a plus.
• Fluent English (oral and written). Fluency of Spanish and /or Portuguese is preferred
• More than 8 years combined functional experience in similar or cross functional roles
• Demonstrated experience in negotiation and engagement with high-level internal and external stakeholders and payers.
• Demonstrated successful track record in achieving, and maintaining premium access & reimbursement for oncology / high cost products in Latin America or other HTA markets
• Working knowledge of pharmacoeconomics and value dossier preparation
Why consider Novartis?
We believe the answers are found when curious, courageous and collaborative people like you are brought together in an inspiring environment. Where you're given opportunities to explore the power of digital and data. Where you're empowered to risk failure by taking smart risks, and where you're surrounded by people who share your determination to tackle the world's toughest medical challenges.
Imagine what you could do at Novartis!
East Hanover, NJ
Company / Legal Entity