Director Market Access Disease Lead, Oncology- LACan
- East Hanover, NJ
799 million. That's how many lives our products touched in 2019.
Within the context of patient-centricity and seeking innovative access solutions through sustainable health care solutions, Novartis Oncology is committed to transform its payer relationships from required transactions to value-added partnerships, including through the use of innovative pricing and market access approaches. In an environment where healthcare providers require evidence to demonstrate value, strategic alignment with internal and external evidence generation partners will be necessary to improve patient centricity and therapeutic outcomes that can further be used to draft access solutions that can be implemented by the country organizations.
The Director Market Access Disease Lead, Oncology- LACan ensures that reimbursement/pricing approval and formulary inclusion (or equivalent) for Novartis Oncology medicines are achieved rapidly and effectively by implementing market access strategies in partnership with countries.
The position gathers insights from countries to develop a regional strategic plan aligned with global value and access. It is also responsible for the coordination of LACan (healthcare system and payers) inputs into regional and global deliverables / plans and adapt / customize dossiers prepared by GVA (Global Value and Access) to better support country filings and negotiations.
The role leads cross-functional efforts focused on projects related to the development of market access solutions based on the stakeholder and decision makers feedback. The incumbent should plan and implement payer engagement activities early in the product development process, so that the outcomes can further support the development of novel payment and risk-sharing schemes aimed to facilitate access and reimbursement. Throughout the product lifecycle / including pre-launch, the Director Market Access Disease Lead will ensure the systematic implementation of access principles.
The incumbent is expected to be the subject matter expert and primary point of contact for both Global and Countries in their respective Disease Area and represent the team at various key internal and external meetings.
Develop local talent and ensure the right organization to effectively execute brand plans at the country level, provide coach, guide and make sure strategy is well communicated and well understood . Support local teams and follow up execution of critical success factors.
Main Responsibilities will focus on the following areas:
I. Strategic Market Access by:
1. Acquiring a good level of understanding of the Health Care Systems and Sub-Systems across the Region, their dynamics and the business model as it addresses their different needs and challenges in each country
2. Actively participating and representing the Access organization in the development of the Strat Plan, Annual Budget, IDAPS and VAST processes for the Franchise-related brands, ensuring that access topics are duly represented and integrated
3. Developing and delivering targeted value propositions including value messages, value propositions and payer partnership programs
4. Leading and supporting the integration of tailored value propositions which may drive market access solutions, new commercial models, shared contribution models,
5. Ensuring reimbursement approval cycles are known and deadlines are met, with metrics in place, so external delays are also minimized
6. Engaging with cross functional brand teams to ensure that access initiatives are aligned with the overall strategy so as to optimize Access and Reimbursement through the product's lifecycle
II. Health Technology Assessment (HTA) and HEOR by:
1. Providing in depth oversight of HTA submission documents with clear value propositions that address customer's needs
2. Ensuring on time submission of high quality dossiers and driving the development and implementation of payer programs across products' life cycle
3. Ensuring market access process is efficient, with metrics in place, by reducing duplication, eliminating unnecessary tasks and reducing internal delays
4. Ensuring appropriate integration of HEOR components in Regional and Local Clinical trials and real world evidence initiatives
5. On-time development and corresponding approval of HEOR deliverables (CE Analysis, Budget Impact Models, Payer Objection Handlers, Payers Workshops, among other), to be used by the country teams
6. Proactively identifying and communicating R&A-related best practices & shared leanings
7. Identifying, designing and implementing (with support from medical) potential RWE ini-tiatives that can support the R&A processes across the Region
EEO Statement The Novartis Group of Companies are Equal Opportunity Employers and take pride in maintaining a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.
What you'll bring to the role:
• A minimum of a Bachelor's Degree in medicine, pharmacy, life sciences, economics, public health or sciences is required; Professional HTA qualification or equivalent is highly preferred
• Fluency in Spanish and /or Portuguese is highly preferred
Experience & Requirements:
Market access & HEOR skills:
• A minimum of 8 years of combined functional experience in similar or cross functional roles Market access & HEOR is required
• Demonstrated experience in negotiation and engagement with high-level internal and external stakeholders and payers is required
• Demonstrated successful track record in achieving, and maintaining premium access & reimbursement for oncology / Specialty high cost products in Latin America or other HTA markets is required
• Working knowledge of pharmacoeconomics and value dossier preparation
• Knowledge of healthcare and reimbursement systems in country and/or LACan region, including segmentation of payers is highly preferred
• Pre and post-launch experience in creating pricing-reimbursement-access dossiers, government relations, professional relations, patient-group relations, media relations
• Knowledge of the oncology market, with main focus on the access environment is highly preferred
• Strong knowledge of market access policy issues such as HTA, RWE, value dossiers adaptation, IPR, IPM's
• Advanced knowledge of MS Excel, MS Project, data analysis and statistical software as well as economic modelling software is a plus (i.e. Stata, TreeAge, Simul8, etc.) is highly preferred
• This role will require approximately 25% travel
Other Skills & Capabilities:
• Proven ability of working and leading in a matrix environment
• A strong patient centric approach
• A strong cross-functional approach
• Problem solving oriented, strong project management skills, critical thinking.
• Planning, organizing and prioritization skills
• Accountability and responsibility
• Strong communication and cooperation skills
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships
• Ability to function independently handling multiple tasks
• Ability to handle organizational complexity
• Strong interpersonal skills and creativity
What you'll receive:
Competitive salary, annual bonus, long term incentive for select levels, health insurance, paid vacation/holidays, flexible working arrangements, subsidized dining facilities, employee recognition program.
Why consider Novartis?
750 million. That's how many lives our products touched in 2018. And while we're proud of that fact, in this world of digital and technological transformation, we must also ask ourselves this: how can we continue to improve and ex-tend even more people's lives?
We believe the answers are found when curious, courageous and collaborative people like you are brought together in an inspiring environment. Where you're given opportunities to explore the power of digital and data. Where you're empowered to risk failure by taking smart risks, and where you're surrounded by people who share your determination to tackle the world's toughest medical challenges.
We are Novartis. Join us and help us re-imagine medicine.
Back to top