- East Hanover, NJ
799 million. That's how many lives our products touched in 2019. And while we're proud of that fact, in this world of digital and technological transformation, we must also ask ourselves this: how can we continue to improve and extend even more people's lives?
Integral member of the HEOR team who leverages therapeutic and product knowledge of Novartis oncology product(s) to optimize access and reimbursement for pipeline, newly launched and marketed product(s) in the US. In this role, the Director has overall responsibility for strategically developing health outcomes research and generating data that demonstrates the economic and humanistic value of Novartis oncology product(s). The Director works on cross-functional teams to support Novartis oncology product(s), serving as the value evidence content expert for assigned product(s), with an emphasis on establishing the value evidence strategy for the product(s). Additionally, within the function, this role serves as a resource, to provide guidance, coaching and mentoring to HEOR colleagues.
Job responsibilities will include:
• HEOR functional expert on cross functional product strategy teams for assigned pipeline newly launched and/or marketed Novartis product(s) in the US.
• Assess research gaps and objectives across key partners and therapeutic area to determine appropriate outcomes research strategy, research objectives and tactical plan.
• Establish and manage strategy and execution for Product/Indication HEOR Annual Strategic Plan to conduct timely, high quality and relevant HEOR research.
• Develop strategy to support business needs on varying projects requiring HEOR research principles and applications in the US Oncology therapeutic area setting.
• Lead HEOR study management including vendor management, contracting and budget planning/reporting.
• Lead selected HEOR functional initiatives to ensure that HEOR capabilities are utilized, cross-functionally, internally and compliantly communicate the value of Novartis Oncology product(s) internal and externally including communication tools for medical and commercial field force.
• Present and serve as content expert on the cross-functional Outcome Research Forum (ORF) committee to insure the quality of associate's HEOR projects and peers' projects.
• Ensure compliance with all legal/regulatory and Novartis requirements/policies for HEOR (publications and communications, GPP, Pharma codes, NVS SOPs/WPDs/guidance, Sunshine Act/ Clinical Transparency).
EEO Statement The Novartis Group of Companies are Equal Opportunity Employers and take pride in maintaining a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.
• Doctoral degree (PhD or PharmD, or MD) in related field and experience conducting HEOR research (Related fields include: Health Services Research, Health Economics / Economics, Psychometrics, Health Policy, Outcomes Research, and Pharmacy Administration). Preferred
• At least 8 years- experience in outcomes research with a minimum of 3 years of pharmaceutical industry-related health economics and outcomes research.
• Demonstrated development and delivery of HEOR communications for external US audiences (e.g., payers, FDA, academic centers or IDN) for multiple product(s)/therapeutic indications.
• Demonstrated knowledge of US payer environment and payer/policy maker evidence needs for access and reimbursement.
• Design of multiple Phase IIIB/IV studies with HEOR endpoints to support US region.
• Development, validation and/or use of PRO measures including FDA interactions for multiple therapeutic indications.
We believe the answers are found when curious, courageous and collaborative people like you are brought together in an inspiring environment. Where you're given opportunities to explore the power of digital and data. Where you're empowered to risk failure by taking smart risks, and where you're surrounded by people who share your determination to tackle the world's toughest medical challenges.
Imagine what you could do at Novartis!
Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
Novartis embraces diversity, equal opportunity and inclusion. We are committed to building diverse teams, representative of the patients and communities we serve, and we strive to create an inclusive workplace that cultivates bold innovation through collaboration, and empowers our people to unleash their full potential.
Join our Novartis Network: If this role is not suitable to your experience or career goals but you wish to stay connected to learn more about Novartis and our career opportunities, join the Novartis Network here: https://talentnetwork.novartis.com/network
Back to top