Director, Digital Data Enablement & Gov
- East Hanover, NJ
799 million. That's how many lives our products touched in 2019.
The Digital Data Enablement & Governance Lead will be responsible for the overall development and implementation of a data management and governance plan focused on digital data within the Commercial Acceleration (CA) organization. This role will leverage deep experience with digital data to ensure processes around accuracy, usability, formatting and access for the digital data obtained and used across the organization. The Digital Data Enablement & Governance Lead is aligned to the Commercial Acceleration (CA) within the Data and Platforms group.
The Digital Data Enablement & Governance Lead will be responsible for the following:
Developing and implementing a data governance model for digital data management
Building and supporting ongoing operations, systems, and practices (technical and behavioral) that align with the digital data governance plan
Triaging and addressing operational issues related to digital data
Keeping a pulse on disruptive trends that indicate where digital technology will drive increased value within the life sciences industry
Director, Digital Data Enablement will be responsible for architecting, designing and developing solutions related to data integrations and optimizations for US Pharma commercial digital and marketing data and Platform ecosystem.
Experience in architecting data solutions involving Web, Mobile, Social, Cloud applications across digital platforms.
Must be comfortable with technologies used in a digital ecosystem such as Web-based systems architecture, service-based architecture including microservices, enterprise application architecture, Current agile methodologies, specifically Scrum, Web technologies such as HTML5, CSS3, Bootstrap framework, AngularJS, Nodejs, jQuery, Data architecture, data modeling and data management across relational, columnar and NoSQL technologies like SQL Server, MongoDB, Big data technologies like Hadoop , architecting solutions across on premise and cloud, Cloud based data and analytics native PaaS components in AWS etc.
Experience in integrating offline and online data across digital platforms.
Experience in managing the digital data strategies across channels and various segment personas across those channels including Customer 360 degree.
Familiar with identity graph and how it can be used for customer journey analysis.
Work closely with Enterprise Architects, Digital Platform leads/architects, Product Solutions architects to design effective digital data technology applications and architectures.
Lead/participate in data architecture reviews and assessments specific to the technology platforms.
Develop and drive the digital data architecture road-map.
Ability to communicate effectively with both technical and business teams.
Strong organizational capabilities with ability to manage multiple priorities.
• Establishes and directly oversees data governance processes and manage data strategy implementation, working closely with the Data Strategy and Management group in Oncology
• Identifies and mitigates any data integrity risks through rigorous enforcing of the adopted data governance processes
• Coordinates with Data Strategy and Acquisition Lead and NVS IT with any master data management initiatives and guides Global IT road-map to support US Pharma needs
• Brings technical expertise for solutions that support the data governance needs of the Commercial Acceleration organization
• Defines, implements, and continually optimizes the data governance process to meet digital data needs, including data format, generation, recording, processing, retention and use
• Provides guidelines and standards for digital data cleansing and transformation, as aligned with overall data for CA Org and shared service in Oncology
• Proactively monitors the execution of the digital data governance processes including data quality, and publishes the results
• Triages and addresses operational issues related to data quality from a variety of independent digital information channels
• Upholds processes for evaluating and optimizing digital data sources, enabling digital analytics and data-driven decision making
• Supports cross-functional Data and Platforms Org solution delivery projects and collaborates with/ provides input on digital data impacts to relevant stakeholders
People & Organization
• Supports the creation of a best in class Commercial Acceleration organization to become the most admired and respected leader in pharmaceutical industry while cultivating an inclusive high-performance environment that values and leverages diversity
• As a member of the Data and Platforms group, works and partners to attract, motivate, retain and develop talent and build a culture of high performers
• Promotes and demonstrates CA culture and leadership behaviors
EEO Statement The Novartis Group of Companies are Equal Opportunity Employers and take pride in maintaining a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.
Undergraduate degree in business, science, engineering or related discipline required. Preferred advanced degree in a technical field.
We need a Cloud Expert
Minimum 10 years of experience working with digital data/data in the pharmaceutical industry
Extensive experience designing and managing governance models
Strong understanding of pharmaceutical data life-cycle (generation through end use)
Strong experience in a data & platform related to digital and marketing data sets.
Get involve with leading, developing and architecting digital experience applications including websites, content management capabilities, web and mobile capabilities.
Strong experience and understanding the digital data ecosystem, and data traversal across digital touch-points and channels.
Proven experience in projects involved with digital data architecture, design and integration activities.
Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with ability to building trust, listen, and ask effective questions with the goal to create a scalable and reusable business solution.
Innovative thinking and the ability to leverage past technology experience to be successful in an entrepreneurial fast paced environment.
Strong data engineering, platform and analytical skills.
Ability to self-manage time and priorities
Experience or familiarity with digital initiatives
Knowledge of MDM, BI, CRM required
Excellent PowerPoint and Excel skills; experience with Oracle, AWS, Veeva, CRM and AWS big data environment
Strong understanding of digital data sources, requirements, and uses as they relate to pharmaceuticals
Strong understanding of and experience executing the SDLC process
Demonstrated experience analyzing complex situation and processes and effectively integrating and synthesizing the data to form a complete cohesive picture
Proven self-starter with high standards of excellence and an innovative mind
Strong interpersonal, communication, and analytical skills
Demonstrated ability to synthesize information to develop recommendations, and ability to persuade / influence organization pursuit of recommended path
Ability to manage multiple projects and consistently meet deadlines
Excels at interacting with a diverse group of people, all levels of management, including senior leadership
Change management and project management experience
Why consider Novartis?
799 million. That's how many lives our products touched in 2019. And while we're proud of that fact, in this world of digital and technological transformation, we must also ask ourselves this: how can we continue to improve and extend even more people's lives?
We believe the answers are found when curious, courageous and collaborative people like you are brought together in an inspiring environment. Where you're given opportunities to explore the power of digital and data. Where you're empowered to risk failure by taking smart risks, and where you're surrounded by people who share your determination to tackle the world's toughest medical challenges.
Imagine what you could do at Novartis!
Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
Novartis embraces diversity, equal opportunity and inclusion. We are committed to building diverse teams, representative of the patients and communities we serve, and we strive to create an inclusive workplace that cultivates bold innovation through collaboration, and empowers our people to unleash their full potential
Join our Novartis Network: If this role is not suitable to your experience or career goals but you wish to stay connected to learn more about Novartis and our career opportunities, join the Novartis Network here: https://talentnetwork.novartis.com/network
Back to top