Director, Commercial Data Platform Product Management
- East Hanover, NJ
799 million lives touched by our products
The Director, Commercial Data Platform Product Management is responsible for the core platform product strategy and component solutions to support the Reporting and Data applications, including product definitions, roadmaps, business cases, scalability and thought leadership. As part of the Data and Platform team of Commercial Acceleration, this role is responsible for building the configurable, scalable product strategy, process and solution for Enterprise Reporting and data platform for enterprise data.
This position offers a unique opportunity to experience broad exposure and to participate in the enablement of analytics solutions enabling Commercial Operations, Sales, Marketing and other business partners within the organization to effectively executive their daily business objectives.
The individual would be someone with deep Pharma Commercial business and data knowledge and have developed enterprise scale products for many years. This position re-ports to the Executive Director, Data & Platforms.
Your responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Drive Product Management within the Core Reporting and Data Platform through Franchise-level product strategy, release-level feature choices, the economic rationale for every major effort and whole-product thinking while ensuring a strong strategy-driven product development lifecycle.
• Connect activities and deliverables to business outcomes through defining strategic clarity and intended business results by asking irritatingly hard questions.
• Deliver platform strategy by pushing the company's best minds to collectively deliver against the strategy for the robust data and Reporting product platform for enterprise customers while also ensuring the internal technical priorities are designed and delivered to support the overall velocity of the Product organization.
• Mentor peers and partners by coaching the team through product strategies and economic decision-making and collaboration among the many team members to train up the next crop of product innovators.
• Conduct research and gather robust data to general KPIs to make the data-driven decision behind product and feature development
• Collaborate with leadership and execution teams to help define the overall platform design and delivery
• Engage partners to align on clear, actionable product strategy and priorities to de-liver optimal results for customers and our business
• Drive and facilitate the platform planning process to provide focus and alignment on critical strategies to delight our customers
• Identify opportunities for enhancements, and incorporate new product features on an ongoing basis and translate those requirements and prioritized changes into epics and stories and drive projects to completion by collaborating with Product execution teams
• Exemplify Core Values and Behaviors, namely Do Great Work, Win Together, Obsess Over Business Impact, and Finish Strong
EEO Statement The Novartis Group of Companies are Equal Opportunity Employers and take pride in maintaining a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.
What you'll bring to the role:
• Undergraduate degree required
• Masters preferred or equivalent experience with a background in leading complex large-scale projects with high touch, high pace, multi project environment.
• Minimum 10+ years of experience in stakeholder management, directly leading data/ business teams for business impact
• Extensive engineering and product management leadership experience developing, building, and launching web-based business applications, and overseeing a team of product managers driving functional best practices
• Experience driving product management for an enterprise platform
• Communication, leadership, team building, and people management skills that your employees appreciate and competitors envy
• Experience with development and execution of tactical plans
• A blend of management, technical, and creative skills
• Demonstrated strong capabilities in communication - both oral and written - and presentation skills for all levels of audience
• The capability to execute rapidly and sucessfully in an unstructured environment
• Translate strategy into tactical plans
• Ability to prioritize among competing opportunities, balance franchise needs with business priorities, and articulate the rationale behind decisions
• Experience with an engineering background a plus
What you'll receive
First day benefits and an opportunity to be a part of global pharmaceutical company.
Why consider Novartis?
799 million. That's how many lives our products touched in 2019. And while we're proud of that fact, in this world of digital and technological transformation, we must also ask ourselves this: how can we continue to improve and extend even more people's lives?
We believe the answers are found when curious, courageous and collaborative people like you are brought together in an inspiring environment. Where you're given opportunities to explore the power of digital and data. Where you're empowered to risk failure by taking smart risks, and where you're surrounded by people who share your determination to tackle the world's toughest medical challenges.
Imagine what you could do at Novartis!
Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
Novartis embraces diversity, equal opportunity and inclusion. We are committed to building diverse teams, representative of the patients and communities we serve, and we strive to create an inclusive workplace that cultivates bold innovation through collaboration, and empowers our people to unleash their full potential
Join our Novartis Network: If this role is not suitable to your experience or career goals but you wish to stay connected to learn more about Novartis and our career opportunities, join the Novartis Network here: https://talentnetwork.novartis.com/network
Back to top