Director, Commercial Analytics
- East Hanover, NJ
Over 108,000. That's how many US patients our oncology products touched in 2018. And while we're proud of that, in this world of digital and technological transformation, we must also ask ourselves this: how can we continue to improve and extend even more people's lives?
We believe the answers are found when curious, courageous and collaborative people like you are empowered to ask new questions, make bolder decisions and take smarter risks.
We currently have a position for an experienced Director, Commercial Analytics. We are looking for a leader to support a therapeutic area, such as Chronic Myeloid Leukemia (CML), Benign Hematology, Breast, Lung, or Melanoma/Rare.
The Director, Commercial Analytics is a key member of the US Oncology Strategic Data and Digital team and commercial teams. This position is responsible and accountable for the generation of strategic analytical insights for disease portfolio senior management while enabling peers to grow in their analytics acumen and self-service capabilities. This position requires deep analytical expertise, the ability to understand the detail of a broad disease portfolio and/or large priority brand/s, their market dynamics and translate them into actionable insights.
The Director will partner with a variety of stakeholders (insights/market research, digital, brand marketing, sales leadership, market research, advanced analytics & forecasting, finance) to build business insights and assure the validity and quality of the analyses. This role is responsible to oversee and support the analyses of other analysts covering same disease portfolio. In addition, while working as part of a team of analysts, the Director also demonstrates the ability to work independently with a proactive approach to meet business needs and deadlines.
What you will be responsible for? (non-exhaustive list)
Lead all aspects of Analytics for a broad disease portfolio and/or large priority brand/s. Identify and execute analytics that uncover business opportunities for the brands. Be a single point of contact for an indication/tumor for all analytics & insights.
Develop a comprehensive analytics plan that addresses issues pertaining to our customers: patients, physicians, and payers. Be proactive in analytics and lead analytics initiatives. Lead forward-looking/predictive analytics as well as track brand performance with retrospective projects. Lead digital & omni-channel analytics, while working closely with digital agencies and leadership.
Help with bringing analytics expertise in-house. Help to develop deep analytics expertise working with junior team members and show examples of great analytics. Be hands on. Provide real-time analytics support to franchise leadership and be able to answer their questions in a real time.
Set Performance Expectations for disease areas. Create demand-based/patient-driven brand forecasts in coordination with finance, forecasting team and brand teams that incorporate key elements of net sales such as inventory and SP purchasing trends. Support development of annual Brand Planning - Situation Analysis, Forecast, Stakeholder Insights, Key Business Questions, Monthly and/or Weekly Performance Monitoring Plans and trackers. Develop HCP targeting, ensuring compliance with all relevant Novartis policies including appropriate documentation of the specialty inclusion/exclusion process
Monitor Performance to understand & impact market dynamics. Identify sub-national analytics opportunities to improve brand performance. Work closely with Sales Operations and Multi-channel/NPP marketing. Analyze performance data and market trends against forecasted expectations. Integrate analytics from across the organization, including payer, digital, cross-channel, and others. Synthesize multiple analyses and data sources to identify patterns, trends, root causes, opportunities and threats. Partner with the market research/insights team to deliver comprehensive insights-driven, strategic recommendations to the disease portfolio that correspond to opportunities and challenges
Accelerate Automation presence within analytics and brands. Partner with visualization and data teams to contribute to the design and enhancement of the KPIs for commercial. Leverage and drive within the Brand teams the self service capabilities and automated offerings (including data and visualization, forecasting etc...) that enhance the analytical tracking for brands.
Innovate & Improve. Employ new data sources, creative methodologies & strategies to uncover new business opportunities and insights. Support predictive models to guide strategic recommendations. Support brand and portfolio marketing-mix models to help marketing team optimize tactical spend.
Communicate data & insights-driven strategies to impact business at senior leadership level. Streamline analytics to create the brand "story" that explains the "what" & the "why". Provide clear & concise recommendations driven by data and insights to provide the "so what". Produce and deliver senior leadership-level presentations working very closely with the team lead.
EEO Statement The Novartis Group of Companies are Equal Opportunity Employers and take pride in maintaining a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.
What you will bring to the role?
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent is required; advanced degree in quantitative subject (e.g. statistics, economics, science or mathematics) is preferred.
• A minimum of eight years of marketing-related analytic experience is required. The successful candidate will have some experience or interest in data science. Previous Oncology or pharmaceutical industry experience is strongly desirable.
• Deep understanding of pharmaceutical sales, marketing data sets is required. Prior experience in medical claims data sets (IMS, SDI, Symphony, Flatiron) a plus, as is prior marketing research experience.
• The Director must demonstrate autonomy in the ability to code and transform data independently. This role, while working as part of a team of analysts, must also demonstrate the ability to work independently with a proactive approach to meet business needs and deadlines.
• The successful candidate will have strong analytical and strategic thinking, must possess excellent communication and presentation skills with the proven record of effective translation of complex analysis to business solutions, strong project management experience, and the ability to synthesize & simplify input from multiple stakeholders in order to provide recommendations that can impact business.
• S/he must excel in problem-solving, be curious, possess the will to win, and must demonstrate innovative thinking in a matrix organization.
• The Director's responsibilities, can include the direct management of Associate Directors and other analysts supporting same disease portfolio.
• Working knowledge of machine learning concepts as well as statistical analysis techniques is strongly preferred (Supervised and unsupervised learning, regression and classification, e.g. linear/logistic regression, cluster analysis, significance testing, factor analysis, ANCOVA)
• Familiarity with marketing analytics or a decision sciences function and experience with advanced quantitative methods is a strong plus (e.g. segmentation, predictive modeling)
• Experience with statistical computing and data manipulation is a plus. (i.e. R, Python, SAS, Excel, VBA, Alteryx, SQL)
What you will receive in return?
Competitive salary, annual bonus, long term incentive for select levels, health insurance, paid vacation/holidays, potential flexible working arrangements, subsidized dining facilities, employee recognition scheme.
Why consider Novartis?
750 million. That's how many lives our products touch. And while we're proud of that fact, in this world of digital and technological transformation, we must also ask ourselves this: how can we continue to improve and extend even more people's lives?
We believe the answers are found when curious, courageous and collaborative people like you are brought together in an inspiring environment. Where you're given opportunities to explore the power of digital and data. Where you're empowered to risk failure by taking smart risks, and where you're surrounded by people who share your determination to tackle the world's toughest medical challenges.
We are Novartis. Join us and help us re-imagine medicine!
Back to top