Development Operations Manager
- Shanghai, China
500+ Ongoing clinical trials;160+ Projects in clinical development;80+ Major submissions planned 2020-2022. Novartis GDD (Global Drug Development) oversees the development of new medicines discovered by our researchers and partners. It drives breakthrough innovations to improve and extend the lives of millions.
Your key responsibilities:
Your responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Provide and execute solutions and on process improvement/simplification through consultations of business functions and partners/service departments for projects/events/cooperations with regard to content (how to reach desired outcomes) and processes
• Lead the improvement initiatives in operational excellence & productivity by reviewing overall operational status of non-trial/non development projects, identify/prioritize areas for improvement; Make continuous efforts in improving productivity through monitoring progress and adherence to agreed operating procedures, and tracking actual productivity achievements
• Partner with all line functions and development units to identify gaps and opportunities to improve efficiency by optimizing/seamlining relevant processes, and adapting and implementing global processes to China.
• Lead/coordinate preparation of all internal audits and Health Authority inspection for self-check, risk evaluation and prepare justification; Take responsivities by leading all efforts to ensure execution of the training plan for local onboarding and training requirement for functions which have no dedicated training responsible person in GDD; Support the team in development, localization and implementation of new global initiatives and to ensure all new activities in GDD China is in compliance with local laws, regulation and NVS policies
• Ensure contracts with Third parties following good business practices to protect Novartis interests and implement adequate control mechanisms to ensure delivery of desired outcomes on quality for appropriate costs.
• Monitor external vendor qualifications and capabilities and their relevance to Novartis objectives and drive outsourcing projects. Maintain a top quality and compliant vendor pool.
• Acts as the contact point and business partner to global and local functions such as legal, GCPQA to ensure relevant GXP SOPs are simplified, maintained, updated with input of stakeholders and followed during the executions. Work with training manager to arrange required trainings for GDD China. Play the role as NEM/BCP coordinator in GDD China
What you'll bring to the role:
• Healthcare/Pharma degrees.
• Business fluent English and Mandarin required
• 5+ years development work experience in mid to large international organizations Pharma. Clinical operation experience in a manager role is preferred.
• Good computing and It skills on databases spreadsheets
Why consider Novartis?
799 million. That's how many lives our products touched in 2019. And while we're proud of that fact, in this world of digital and technological transformation, we must also ask ourselves this: how can we continue to improve and extend even more people's lives?
We believe the answers are found when curious, courageous and collaborative people like you are brought together in an inspiring environment. Where you're given opportunities to explore the power of digital and data. Where you're empowered to risk failure by taking smart risks, and where you're surrounded by people who share your determination to tackle the world's toughest medical challenges.
Imagine what you could do at Novartis!
Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
Novartis embraces diversity, equal opportunity and inclusion. We are committed to building diverse teams, representative of the patients and communities we serve, and we strive to create an inclusive workplace that cultivates bold innovation through collaboration, and empowers our people to unleash their full potential.
Join our Novartis Network: If this role is not suitable to your experience or career goals but you wish to stay connected to learn more about Novartis and our career opportunities, join the Novartis Network here: https://talentnetwork.novartis.com/network
Back to top