Data Strategy and Governance Lead - data42
- Basel, Switzerland
Are YOU curious? Are YOU ready to harness advanced data analytics on over 20 years of R&D data and reimagine medicine? We are looking for you!
data42 is Novartis' groundbreaking initiative that harnesses the power of R&D data in one of the largest and most diverse datasets in the pharmaceutical industry to reimagine medicines. data42 applies machine learning, artificial intelligence and sophisticated analytics to generate new insights that increase our understanding of disease and medicines, improves R&D decision-making and ultimately reimagines drug discovery and development.
As the Data Strategy & Platform Governance Lead, Lead data you'll be responsible for the strategy and governance efforts for the entire data team of data42. These strategic priorities include the ownership of data roadmaps for the program, and medium and long-term planning of the dataOS group.
In the governance aspects of the role, you'll lead the creation of many, key NVS-wide data policies, data42 group policies and their definition, refinement and implementation.
Our Data Strategy & Platform Governance Lead will support the definition of the data42 platform future and this is an invaluable solution in charting the future course of the program.
Flexible locations offered in Basel, Dublin or Cambridge (US).
Your responsibilities include, but are not limited to
• Lead all aspects of the strategic direction of the data42 dataOS team comprised of pipeline teams, data governance and semantics.
• Own and run our relationship with related technology development groups across NVS
• Identify key data sources of interest to data42 and maintain a roadmap of future data assets that data42 should ingest, transform and make available through its platform. This includes assets in the clinical data, omics, research, operational and real-world spaces.
• Engage in medium-term and long-term planning of the dataOS team and areas of focus.
• Support the evaluation of new technologies, data assets and other innovative efforts both within and outside of Novartis. These evaluations are in collaboration with data42 technical and data specialists.
• Support the definition and drafting of new governance guidance and policies as needed, in conjunction with other NVS partners. Support its implementation by data42 peers and colleagues
What you'll bring to the role
• Advanced degree preferred (PhD, MS) in Computer Science, MIS, or Information Management or a similar field, or MBA holders with suitable data-related experience and background.
• Proven experience in developing R&D data strategies, especially as they pertain to biopharmaceutical companies.
• Experience implementing and managing enterprise programs around data management and governance in healthcare.
• Knowledge of data governance practices, business and technology issues related to management of enterprise information assets and approaches related to data protection
• Knowledge of data related government regulatory requirements and emerging trends and issues
• Demonstrated consulting skills, with organizational change concepts and strategies, including communication, culture change and performance measurement system design
• Knowledge of risk data architecture and technology solutions
• Proficiency in English (oral and written)
Why consider Novartis?
799 million. That's how many lives our products touch. And while we're proud of that fact, in this world of digital and technological transformation, we must also ask ourselves this: how can we continue to improve and extend even more people's lives?
We believe the answers are found when curious, courageous and collaborative people like you are brought together in an inspiring environment. Where you're given opportunities to explore the power of digital and data. Where you're empowered to risk failure by taking smart risks, and where you're surrounded by people who share your determination to tackle the world's toughest medical challenges.
Imagine what you could do at Novartis!
Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
Novartis embraces diversity, equal opportunity and inclusion. We are committed to building diverse teams, representative of the patients and communities we serve, and we strive to create an inclusive workplace that cultivates bold innovation through collaboration, and empowers our people to unleash their full potential.
Join our Novartis Network: If this role is not suitable to your experience or career goals but you wish to stay connected to learn more about Novartis and our career opportunities, join the Novartis Network here: https://talentnetwork.novartis.com/network
Back to top