Data Solution Designer
- Hyderabad, India
365 days a year, our global manufacturing and supply network works to ensure our patients have the treatments they need to live longer, healthier lives.
Novartis Technical Operations (NTO) Global Operations Center (GOC) Data Governance team is setup to develop and maintain the right metadata, master data, data quality parameters, data lineage, important metric reports and workflows to ensure that data is governed, consistent, reliable and easily accessible for decision-making. To design the consumption of data structure to reflect needs of various evolving business requirements & use cases across the NTO ecosystem. To serve as the data representative for business in order to build clear data use cases (both primary & derived). Data Solution designer designs the data solution along with technical architects and leads prototype design/development of use case. Also, ensures synergies between similar use cases for most efficient data architecture
YOUR KEY RESPONSIBILITIES:
Your responsibilities include, but not limited to:
1. E2E Responsibilities
- Data Solution Designer acts as an overarching authority for data solutions design in alignment with corporate and NTO data strategy and data governance frameworks. . Central owner of Business Glossary, data lineage & conceptual Data model
- Acts as an ongoing Design Authority and act as a technical link between Data Governance team, Enterprise Data Strategy, NTO IT organization and CDO organization. Leads prototype design/development of business data use cases.
- Ensures synergy between similar use cases for most efficient data architecture. Be responsible for successful deployment of defined use cases across digital lighthouses leveraging enterprise wide data horizontal DLC products and assets.
- Provides technical leadership in data management to the NTO Data Governance team and able to perform hands on work as needed.
- Facilitates, moderates meetings with partners and multi-functional teams. Ensure service quality, mediating through conflicts and helping team make decisions. Build familiarity and alignment to the Data Strategy vision, with clear understanding and ease with product backlogs using agile methodology. Drive engagement/collaboration in a matrix organization, encouraging strong partnerships - internal and external, and helping build teams with varied strengths.
- Alignment to the Novartis Values & Behaviors. Ensure outstanding communication with all partners including internal associates with focus on data solutions around key business use cases.
- Using existing platforms and cross collaboration with IT, Data Strategy and Business partners. Be proactive in planning; anticipating change and acting in accordance; drive meticulous implementation of team goals and metrics. Ensure accountability & ownership of work you're leading
- Ensure successful implementation of Data Governance framework and processes. Be the change catalyst and champion for data strategy
- Provide guidance and set standards of functional perfection in methodologies, processes and SOPs to enable enhancement of Global & Local data operations. Support management in adoption, stabilization and sustain change management
- Support management in guiding, mentoring and hiring process.
WHAT YOU'LL BRING TO THE ROLE:
- Bachelor / Master's degree from reputed University in Pharma, Computers or IT or equivalent. Overall 12-15 years of hands-on and consulting experience in data management and engineering in a Global data driven organization. Hands-on experience in working in Data Governance, Master data and data management domain.
- Domain expertise in Supply Chain, Procurement, Manufacturing in Pharma or Life Sciences industry. Good knowledge of GxP environment.
- Deep expertise in Data Life Cycle Management and data wrangling including Data Ingestion, Unification, Anonymization, Search, Master & Metadata Management and Data Governance.
- Experience in FAIR data principles, creating Uniform Resource Identifiers (URIs), building Ontologies and working with Semantic Web technologies (RDF, SPARQL, OWL). Experience in agile methodology with In-depth experience in facilitating agile ceremonies and mentoring teams/individuals on agile values, design thinking, customer value, product management, etc.
- At least 5 years of hands on experience working on data management and analytics tools. Hand on experience in working with Python and other scripting tools is preferred. Experience in working with cloud technologies such as AWS and Microsoft Azure is preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with ability to interact with senior global executives. High passion, energy, and ability to navigate complex global matrixed organization to achieve the business objectives.
COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY & INCLUSION:
NOVARTIS EMBRACES DIVERSITY, EQUAL OPPORTUNITY AND INCLUSION. WE ARE COMMITTED TO BUILDING DIVERSE TEAMS, REPRESENTATIVE OF THE PATIENTS AND COMMUNITIES WE SERVE, AND WE STRIVE TO CREATE AN INCLUSIVE WORKPLACE THAT CULTIVATES BOLD INNOVATION THROUGH COLLABORATION, AND EMPOWERS OUR PEOPLE TO UNLEASH THEIR FULL POTENTIAL.
Join our Novartis Network: If this role is not suitable to your experience or career goals but you wish to stay connected to learn more about Novartis and our career opportunities, join the Novartis Network here: https://talentnetwork.novartis.com/network (https://talentnetwork.novartis.com/network)
Why consider Novartis?
799 million. That's how many lives our products touch. And while we're proud of that fact, in this world of digital and technological transformation, we must also ask ourselves this: how can we continue to improve and extend even more people's lives?
We believe the answers are found when curious, courageous and collaborative people like you are brought together in an inspiring environment. Where you're given opportunities to explore the power of digital and data. Where you're empowered to risk failure by taking smart risks, and where you're surrounded by people who share your determination to tackle the world's toughest medical challenges.
Imagine what you could do at Novartis!
Back to top