Data Scientist - 1
- Hyderabad, India
20+ brands catering to 50+ disease areas! The team of Novartis specialists within Insights & Analytics are on a data and digital transformation journey, leveraging analytics to generate actionable insights for Novartis medicines impacting more than 500 million patients worldwide. The team is poised to enable easier, faster and reliable decisions for Novartis divisions across the globe.
Design, develop and deliver various NLP based insights, outcomes and innovation (using mathematics, computer science, statistics, engineering, management science, technology, economics, etc) and create "proof of concepts & blueprints" to drive faster, timely, highly precise, workable and proactive decision making based on data based insights.
• Facilitate development of frontend web interfaces to convey insights through dashboards and visualizations.
• Understand life science data sources including sales, contracting, promotions, social media, patient claims and Real World Evidence.
• Articulates solutions/recommendations to business users. Works with senior data science team member to present analytical content concisely and effectively
• Own adoption, execution and integration of data science based solution end to end all the way from discovery to launch/post-launch and into business, design, product, delivery, operations, marketing, brand management, research and technology roadmaps.
• Independently identifies research articles and reproduce/apply methodology to Novartis business problems
Masters (or Bachelors from a top Tier University) in a quantitative discipline (e.g. Applied Mathematics, Computer Science, Bioinformatics, Statistics; can also consider Ops Research, Econometrics) English
• 5+ years of relevant experience in Data Science with a minimum of 5 years post qualification experience (PhD considered as experience)
• Understanding of statistics (e.g., hypothesis testing, regressions, ML systems and performance metrics).
• Proven experience of working on unstructured and textual data with deep understanding and expertise of NLP techniques for text representation, semantic extraction, dimensionality reduction, POS tagging, NER, semantic role labeling, sentiment analysis, etc.
• Experience in writing production quality code (efficient & scalable) with demonstrated use of analytical packages in Python.
Why consider Novartis?
799 million. That's how many lives our products touched in 2019. And while we're proud of that fact, in this world of digital and technological transformation, we must also ask ourselves this: how can we continue to improve and extend even more people's lives?
We believe the answers are found when curious, courageous and collaborative people like you are brought together in an inspiring environment. Where you're given opportunities to explore the power of digital and data. Where you're empowered to risk failure by taking smart risks, and where you're surrounded by people who share your determination to tackle the world's toughest medical challenges.
Imagine what you could do at Novartis!
Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
Novartis embraces diversity, equal opportunity and inclusion. We are committed to building diverse teams, representative of the patients and communities we serve, and we strive to create an inclusive workplace that cultivates bold innovation through collaboration, and empowers our people to unleash their full potential.
Join our Novartis Network: If this role is not suitable to your experience or career goals but you wish to stay connected to learn more about Novartis and our career opportunities, join the Novartis Network here: https://talentnetwork.novartis.com/network
Back to top