- Hyderabad, India
70 tactical buyers are supporting both commercial and NTO towers out of Prague NGSC, covering region Europe, Switzerland, Middle East and North Africa.
Your responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Assemble large, complex data sets that meet functional / non-functional business requirements & Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements, automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery, re-designing infrastructure for greater scalability, etc.
• Build the infrastructure required for optimal extraction, transformation, and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources using SQL, NoSQL and AWS 'big data' technologies & Interpreting data, analysing results using statistical techniques & Developing and implementing data analyses, data collection systems and other strategies that optimize statistical efficiency and quality.
• Acquiring data from primary or secondary data sources and maintaining databases & Provide guidance and support to the regions and countries and identify areas requiring process improvements to standardize data governance.
• Create data tools for analytics and data scientist team members that assist them in building and optimizing our product into an innovative industry leader.
• Ability to perform data mining, data modeling, and data production. Create custom software components and analytics applications. Research new uses for existing data.
• Create and maintain optimal data pipeline architecture with IT team & performing initial analysis to assess the quality of the data, further analysis to determine the meaning of the data & performing final analysis to provide additional data screening to prepare reports based on analysis and presenting to management & Work with data and analytics experts to strive for greater functionality in our data systems.
• Lead global projects to ensure standardization, harmonization and reliability of the procurement data to enable procurement data analysis & Lead the process super user community, ensuring regular engagement, training (including process & tool demo) and collection of feedback.
• 5 years of experience working with data in the procurement domain & 3 years of data steward experience in pharmaceutical industry is preferred.
• Experience in MDM, BI, SAP ,A high level of mathematical ability & Programming languages, such as SQL, Oracle and Python,
• big data tools: Hadoop, Spark, Kafka, relational SQL and NoSQL databases, including Postgres and Cassandra,
• Data pipeline and workflow management tools: Azkaban, Luigi, Airflow, AWS cloud services: EC2, EMR, RDS, Redshift, stream-processing systems: Storm, Spark-Streaming, object-oriented/object function scripting languages: Python, Java, C++, Scala, etc.
• Strong understanding of procurement data lifecycle (generation through end use) & Experience executing defined data governance models.
Why consider Novartis?
799 million. That's how many lives our products touched in 2019. And while we're proud of that fact, in this world of digital and technological transformation, we must also ask ourselves this: how can we continue to improve and extend even more people's lives?
We believe the answers are found when curious, courageous and collaborative people like you are brought together in an inspiring environment. Where you're given opportunities to explore the power of digital and data. Where you're empowered to risk failure by taking smart risks, and where you're surrounded by people who share your determination to tackle the world's toughest medical challenges.
Imagine what you could do at Novartis!
Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
Novartis embraces diversity, equal opportunity and inclusion. We are committed to building diverse teams, representative of the patients and communities we serve, and we strive to create an inclusive workplace that cultivates bold innovation through collaboration, and empowers our people to unleash their full potential.
Join our Novartis Network: If this role is not suitable to your experience or career goals but you wish to stay connected to learn more about Novartis and our career opportunities, join the Novartis Network here: https://talentnetwork.novartis.com/network
Back to top