- Dublin, Ireland
799 million. That's how many lives our products touched in 2019.
Reporting to the Head of Creative and Content, the Content Strategist is an integral part of the Global content and creative team, working across a large number of pharma brands at both the global and local levels.
The Content Strategist plays a central role in helping the team deliver outstanding content solutions and pharma marketing initiatives by understanding the strategic needs of customers, developing effective content strategies, and writing engaging copy for omnichannel campaigns. This role requires experience and expertise married to a hands-on, deliverable-driven work ethic.
Your responsibilities :
Your responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Develop insight-driven, enterprise level omnichannel content strategies for pharma brands that effectively align to campaign, customer and company goals
• Understand and incorporate market data, brand strategy, and target audience research into content strategies and workshops
• Conduct hands-on content inventories and audits, content mapping, and gap analyses that translate qualitative and quantitative data into actionable insights and content recommendations
• Lead and/or facilitate on-site discovery sessions and strategy/messaging workshops in partnership with internal and external teams to draw out customer content goals and offer informed, strategic solutions
• Write concise, engaging copy that adheres to brand and MLR guidelines for a wide range of channels, formats, and target audiences (including health care providers, sales representatives, and patients)
• In partnership with content and wider team, develop frameworks and governance documentation for creating content based on market, audience, and performance insights
• Support the development of "content strategy" as an integral service element
• Work with the creative and content team to develop and report on content and content strategy success metrics
What you'll bring to the role:
Education and experience:
• Bachelor's degree in English, communication, journalism, pharma, life sciences, or related fields
• 8+ years experience as a content strategist
• 3+ years copywriting experience (preferably around medical/scientific content)
Skills and Abilities:
• Fluent English (both written and spoken)
• Ability to think systematically, organize, and prioritize effectively in an occasionally fast-paced and pressurized agency environment
• Detail focused with big-picture understanding; creativity that complements process-driven execution
• Ability to work across therapy areas and communicate effectively to different audiences
• Capacity to understand and translate scientific data and study results into a story with a human connection
• Capable of working from primary-level scientific research, market research, brand strategy documentation, and/or pre-existing creative materials
• Comfortable and confident engaging health care professionals, subject matter experts, and senior business leadership one-on-one and in workshop formats
• Capable of writing clear, engaging, and accurate copy for pharma
• Skilled at adapting medical and scientific content for a variety of channels, formats, and target audiences toward commercial goals
Competitive salary, Annual bonus, Pension scheme, Share scheme, Health insurance, 25 days annual leave, Flexible working arrangements, subsidized dining facilities, Employee recognition scheme, learning and development opportunities.
Why consider Novartis?
799 million. That's how many lives our products touched in 2019. And while we're proud of that fact, in this world of digital and technological transformation, we must also ask ourselves this: how can we continue to improve and extend even more people's lives?
We believe the answers are found when curious, courageous and collaborative people like you are brought together in an inspiring environment. Where you're given opportunities to explore the power of digital and data. Where you're empowered to risk failure by taking smart risks, and where you're surrounded by people who share your determination to tackle the world's toughest medical challenges.
Imagine what you could do at Novartis!
Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
Novartis embraces diversity, equal opportunity and inclusion. We are committed to building diverse teams, representative of the patients and communities we serve, and we strive to create an inclusive workplace that cultivates bold innovation through collaboration, and empowers our people to unleash their full potential.
Novartis are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons
Join our Novartis Network: If this role is not suitable to your experience or career goals but you wish to stay connected to learn more about Novartis and our career opportunities, join the Novartis Network here: https://talentnetwork.novartis.com/network
Novartis Ireland Ltd. has been certified as a Top Employer 2020 by the Top Employers Institute for its exceptional employee offerings!
#LI-NOV = Novartis
Back to top