Computational Biologist, Neuroscience
- Cambridge, MA
1 billion people worldwide are affected by neurological diseases. As part of the Neuroscience department at Novartis, you will help develop therapies for patients with debilitating neurodegenerative, psychiatric, and neurodevelopmental disorders.
Your key responsibilities:
Your responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
• Providing expertise and innovative strategies for analyzing scRNA-seq and complex RNA-seq experiments
• Supporting neuroscience drug discovery and early target discovery with data mining efforts
• Working closely with wet-lab scientists and data science collaborators to analyze and interpret data
• Clearly communicating key findings through interactive data visualizations and presentations
• Mentoring scientists in the group who are developing their computational skills
• Integrating internal and external datasets
EEO Statement The Novartis Group of Companies are Equal Opportunity Employers and take pride in maintaining a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.
What you'll bring to the role:
• A PhD in statistical genetics, bioinformatics, biostatistics, computational biology, machine learning, data science or related field. Fluency in Python and/or R programming languages.
• Strong knowledge in novel single-cell RNA-seq (scRNA-seq) and/or spatial transcriptomics analysis approaches and approaches to infer cellular trajectories
• Experience with integration of and statistical methods for mining 'omics data (transcriptomics genomics, epigenetics, proteomics)
• Experience in life sciences, with a neuroscience background preferred. A strong publication record.
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team, and a willingness to learn new or unfamiliar types of analysis approaches as needed
• Postdoc plus industry experience
• Leadership experience
• Experience with GWAS, MR/TWAS, and/or integration of biobank and clinical data
Why consider Novartis?
799 million. That's how many lives our products touched in 2019. And while we're proud of
that fact, in this world of digital and technological transformation, we must also ask
ourselves this: how can we continue to improve and extend even more people's lives?
We believe the answers are found when curious, courageous and collaborative people like
you are brought together in an inspiring environment. Where you're given opportunities to
explore the power of digital and data. Where you're empowered to risk failure by taking smart
risks, and where you're surrounded by people who share your determination to tackle the
world's toughest medical challenges.
Imagine what you could do at Novartis!
Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
Novartis embraces diversity, equal opportunity and inclusion. We are committed to building
diverse teams, representative of the patients and communities we serve, and we strive to
create an inclusive workplace that cultivates bold innovation through collaboration, and
empowers our people to unleash their full potential.
Back to top