Commercial IT Product Manager
- East Hanover, NJ
With 350 associates across 40 countries, Commercial IT is the backbone for Novartis launch excellence and commercial/medical execution. We deliver integrated IT Solutions and Services within an eco-system of partners.
As the Commercial IT Product Manager you will play a meaningful role in defining and driving the product vision, strategy, roadmap and delivery of product for patient services and related therapy journey touch points. You are passionate about data driven decision making, developing a deep understanding of customer and end-user needs, and crafting sophisticated and scalable solutions to solve for patient journeys. You will contribute to the technical development and launch of innovative products in Patient Services in collaboration with business partners.
This role requires working with cross-functional teams in evolving the technology offerings to ensure that the solution meets the business outcomes. The product solutions will drive improved impact across patient journey to maximize a detailed and coordinated end-user experience. Specifically you will develop the product roadmap, build and prioritize the product backlog and advise the development team. You will also be accountable for improving the value and use of the product as measured by business KPI's, according to the product's lifecycle.
Patient Support Programs at Novartis help patient engagement and improve outcomes by helping patients get on-boarded to Novartis therapies in a timely manner. You will have an opportunity to directly affect the patient journey during their treatment and ongoing care.
Your responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Customer focus, Ensuring the customer's needs are driving the design of product throughout the product lifecycle; works with other product owners to ensure consistency and coherence in how the customer needs and user experiences are addressed across inter-dependent product(s).
• Maintain ongoing interaction with the customer, including through demos and pilots, ensuring needs are understood and fulfilled in the product. Responds to customer input, experience and ensure high satisfaction with the product.
• Ensure deployment success by collaborating with the business to implement tools and support patient services business. Ensure collaboration and support of continuous evolution of relevant business process in support of patient journey.
• Partners with crucial team members within the organization to build visibility and incorporate inputs as needed. Ensures ongoing awareness and alignment between product team and partners
• Champions product vision, ensures the team is comprised of the vital technical skillset and ability to deliver the product and removes roadblocks. Champions collaborative work environment and feels at ease dealing with business teams, product owners and product delivery teams.
• Drives product definition in partnership with Product Owner, sets clear vision, and roadmap, continuously communicating and anticipating future needs. Accountable for end user experience, magnificent product delivery and high customer adoption.
• Makes decisions on the product based on customer needs, business value, and feasibility.
EEO Statement The Novartis Group of Companies are Equal Opportunity Employers and take pride in maintaining a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.
What you will bring to this role:
• Bachelor's degree in related areas such as Information technology
• Minimum of 10 years of industry-relevant experience
• Experience in Product Management, IT Project/Program Management with strong Agile Delivery skills; innovation or startups or digital/tech desirable
• Understanding of patient engagement solutions on a SalesForce.com or AWS technology stack.
• A toolkit for product leadership that includes an understanding of Agile and Lean methodologies, and Objectives and Key Results. Experience of delivery through these methods is sought after along with experience working in a sophisticated organization, building relationships and driving engagement
• Driven curiosity: able to dig beneath the surface of a problem, interrogate the question, and synthesize clear hypotheses that can be engineered and tested. Ability to drive with limited information, willingness to adapt, speak-up and challenge, and take calculated risks
Nice to have:
• Commercial experience in various roles and within pharma highly desirable. SAFe Scrum Master or equivalent certification/training and agile development experience desirable
• Knowledge of call center industry practices, reimbursements and payer systems, healthcare protocols and US Healthcare system processes
Position will Commensurate according to experience
We believe the answers are found when curious, courageous and collaborative people like you are brought together in an inspiring environment. Where you are given opportunities to explore the power of digital and data, feel empowered to risk failure by taking smart risks, and where you're surrounded by people who share your determination to tackle the world's toughest medical challenges.
Join us and help us reimagine medicine.
Back to top