Commercial Data and Insights Manager
- East Hanover, NJ
With 350 associates across 40 countries, Commercial IT is the backbone for Novartis launch excellence and commercial/medical execution. We deliver integrated IT Solutions and Services within an eco-system of partners. We are hiring, adding 30 new roles to our team based in the United States.
Here is your opportunity to work with the latest technology to make an impact and support a multimillion portfolio in an innovative, unbossed environment.
This critical role will contribute Novartis Commercial Data & Insights strategy, roadmap definition, use of data as key strategic asset - in collaboration with Business stakeholders (e.g. Product Owners) - to improve value generation for Sales and Marketing. This role represents IT to the business ensuring that expectations for IT services are met. Candidate will work independently, with pragmatism and masters the Data/Analytics Commercial critical initiatives as well as the Agile methodology. He/she masters operational and performance data researches, and analysis and is able to identify trends and opportunities for improvement.
Key success will be defined through intimate understanding of the Sales and Marketing and Business processes and key objectives, customer journeys and value realization maximization. The scope covers both Oncology and Pharma Divisions. Drive transformation into new ways of working in order to deliver harmonized enterprise data models and insights products.
- Collaborate with IT Leaders to define / ensure
- Market and Customer insight strategy and roadmaps definition
- Translation of these strategies into Global Commercial Strategic initiatives plan (DROID, Glassbox, DICE, CONNECT, ACT Data AA, MDM Deep Blue)
- Realization of Omni channel HCP Engagement (OCE) Strategy enabled by an agile Customer Data Platform (CDP)
- Enablement of Digital Marketing Measurement Framework such as Web Analytics, CX Analytics etc.
- Enablement of Advanced Analytics to enable OCE improvements through Segmentation/Sub-Segmentation, Audience Clustering and Propensity Scoring etc.
- Commercial processes, solutions / products functionalities gaps identification
- Continuous end users experience optimization
- Define uses cases for these users
- Planning and identification of appropriate data sources, data models, outstanding Metrics and Visual solutions / technology to close these gaps
- Value generation optimization (qualitative and quantitative benefits planning and measurements)
- Users adoption and satisfaction optimization (including planning and measurement)
- Internal solution / product promotion and training (e.g. product catalog)
- Collaborate closely with the service development and deployment teams (e.g. Analytics COE, Project Execution) to
- Develop project / use cases estimates, feasibility assessments, business cases
- Run budget and Third Parties with efficiency, accuracy and openness
- Drive internal IT approval processes (e.g. DRC, ITIC, ...)
- Ensure efficient and compliant product releases mgmt (Agile) / consistent traceability between user requirements, functional specifications and testing (waterfall)
- Act as internal "Agile" champion in data and insights space / Novartis IT and Business organization and help promoting SCRUM values (personal dedication, courage, focus, willingness, respect)
- Keep abreast with internal IT systems and documentation requirements, standards (including quality management and IT security), industry best practices
The role will help shape the commercial data platform of the future and the insights that will help bring digital transformation to Novartis US.
The 3-year roadmap of the new platform, data sources and analytic strategy will be the fundamental engine to bring data to power the digital engagement and decision making.
EEO Statement The Novartis Group of Companies are Equal Opportunity Employers and take pride in maintaining a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status. We are committed to building diverse teams, representative of the patients and communities we serve, and we strive to create an inclusive workplace that cultivates bold innovation through collaboration and empowers our people to unleash their full potential.
- Computer Science, Information Technology or relevant degree
- Master's degree in Business Administration or similar preferred
+15 years of business and IT Mgmt experience at Global/Regional/Local levels
+5 years of Global Program Mgmt and Data Mgmt and Business Intelligence experience.
- Advanced Analytics, Machine Learning experience specially in Digital marketing measurement.
- Excellent knowledge of Commercial, Marketing incl. Digital Marketing and Sales Processes and Data.
- Good knowledge of business process, analysis & design, system architectures, and technology
- Experience with Agile methodology & transformation
- Good vendor and budgeting/financial leadership skills
- Scrum / Agile certification preferred
- Comfortable in navigating a sophisticated matrixed organization
- Solid ability to deal with ambiguity
- Able to think strategically
- Strong leadership
Back to top