- Prague, Czech Republic
Cloud Engineer, Novartis, Prague, Czech Republic
About 130,000 people - this is how many people you will support every day as Cloud Engineer in Novartis, working for our office in Prague and being responsible for designing and implementing infrastructure solutions.
In this role, you will be responsible for the high-level design, implementation, administration, enhancement, monitoring and maintenance of production and nonproduction Client and Platform Services software and systems and you will be focused especially on the 120k+ estate of voice and video, Microsoft Teams, Skype for Business and new or onboarded collaboration platforms.
Your responsibilities include, but not limited to:
• Assist in the development of User Requirement Specifications, Functional Specifications, Design Specifications, administration and support procedures, and user procedures for new and existing systems. Assist in managing vendors and vendor relationships to ensure implementation and support of new solutions where applicable.
• Act as lead Engineer for new global projects. Remain a leader in scope technology as assigned by the Head of Engineering in Digital Workplace Services.
• Provide technical and non-technical feedback to IGM and IT personnel for the successful qualification of systems. Provide technical assistance to operations through investigations, system assessments, and design support.
• Help to drive the business strategy through technical deliverables as aligned with the tower heads.
• Perform investigation of deviations related to automation failures or problem analysis, identify opportunities for enhancement and performance improvement of systems and implement projects as required, including change control, design, commissioning, qualification and changes.
What you'll bring to the role:
• Bachelor/Master degree (computer science or related field) or relevant work experience.
• Excellent knowledge of infrastructure, systems management and application architecture.
• Experience in previous engineering or deep technical roles.
• Experience in delivering and operating IT solutions in a large enterprise.
• Proven knowledge of cloud compute, passionate about O365 environment or other SaaS solutions (Google Cloud, etc.).
• Experience of working with collaboration tools such as Skype for Business , MS Teams or other Unified Communication Solutions.
• Experience with core Microsoft cloud technologies, including Office 365 and Azure (IaaS and Paas), Exchange, SharePoint, Teams, OneDrive, etc.
• Business proficient in English (written and spoken)
Monthly pension contribution matching your individual contribution up to max 3% of your gross monthly basic salary; Risk Life Insurance and insurance in case of long term sickness; 5-week holiday per year; (1 week above the Labour Law requirement) ; 4 paid sick days within one calendar year in case of absence due to sickness without a medical sickness report; Cafeteria employee benefit program - choice of benefits from Edenred CZ in the amount of 12,500 CZK per year; Meal vouchers in amount of 90 CZK for each working day (full tax covered by company); Car Allowance; MultiSport Card. Find out more about Novartis Business Services: https://www.novartis.cz/
Why consider Novartis?
750 million. That's how many lives our products touch. And while we're proud of that fact, in this world of digital and technological transformation, we must also ask ourselves this: how can we continue to improve and extend even more people's lives?
We believe the answers are found when curious, courageous and collaborative people like you are brought together in an inspiring environment. Where you're given opportunities to explore the power of digital and data. Where you're empowered to risk failure by taking smart risks, and where you're surrounded by people who share your determination to tackle the world's toughest medical challenges.
We are Novartis. Join us and help us reimagine medicine.
Novartis are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons.
Back to top