Clinical Data Pipeline Director - data42
- Basel, Switzerland
Are YOU curious? Are YOU ready to pioneer AI and ML to harness the power of R&D data to advance science? We are looking for you!
2 million patient-years of data! data42 is Novartis' ground-breaking initiative that harnesses the power of R&D data in one of the largest and most diverse datasets in the pharmaceutical industry, we will re-imagine medicine. data42 applies machine learning, artificial intelligence and sophisticated analytics to generate new insights that increase our understanding of disease and medicines, improves R&D decision-making and ultimately reimagines drug discovery and development.
Our Pipeline Owner will craft and operate industry-scale clinical data pipelines that will ingest, harmonize, unify, anonymize and annotate thousands of clinical trials that are core to data42's mission.
Flexible locations offered in Basel, Dublin or Cambridge (US).
Your responsibilities include, but are not limited to
• This role would be responsible for overseeing (A) clinical data unification efforts and (B) the accurate ingestion and analysis of data pertaining to pools, (C) support anonymization activities (D) implementation of semantics and metadata standards set for the enterprise (E) Quality and process excellence
• Work with technical specialists and operational teams to plan and deliver on data42s ambitions with clinical data assets
• Oversee the operations of the end-to-end data pipelines supporting the delivery of high-value clinical data
• Determine and develop the maximally flexible architecture needed to serve both core and non-core use-cases of the clinical data asset
• Support the team's approach to semantic which ensures data and metadata standards are met
• Implement and support the FAIR principles through the data pipelines created and operated within this role
• Lead all aspects of data unification and anonymization efforts and collaborating teams
• Build and oversee the teams' efforts to utilize clinical data pools whenever possible
• Support documentation creation of data processed through clinical data pipelines
• Be responsive to new needs raised by use-case owners and other 'customers' of data42
• Collaborate with governance bodies and data strategy roles to ensure alignment of activities and areas of focus
• Support the implementation of key data quality processes and metrics to ensure high-quality data products are delivered to customers
• Support the linking of clinical data to other data assets including molecular and imaging data assets, and specimen repositories
• Support strategic decision making around data standards such as SDTM and AdAM
• Serve as a single point of contact for all clinical-data related needs, questions and concerns about clinical data within data42
• Define the roadmap and planning of the clinical data pipeline team
• In conjunction with a Scrum Master, guide an Agile team (5-10) who support technical data engineering tasks and human processes required to curate the data
What you'll bring to the role
• Master's degree or higher in Computer Science, Data Engineering, Clinical Biostatistics, Statistical Programming Second degree in Data Science or statistics preferred (or any engineering field), or equivalent
• Fluent in English (oral and written)
• 10+ yrs working with clinical data
• Operational experience running large data operations
• Knowledge of and experience with CDISC standards including SDTM and AdAM
• Knowledge of data pipeline and architectural decisions/trade-offs
• Experience with semantics technologies and approaches (nice-to-have)
• Have experience working in an environment that uses an Agile Sprint methodology
• Integrity and transparency are core attributes
Why consider Novartis?
750 million. That's how many lives our products touch. And while we're proud of that fact, in this world of digital and technological transformation, we must also ask ourselves this: how can we continue to improve and extend even more people's lives?
We believe the answers are found when curious, courageous, and collaborative people like you are brought together in an inspiring environment, where you're given opportunities to explore the power of digital and data. We are Novartis. Join us and help us reimagine medicine!
Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
Novartis embraces diversity, equal opportunity and inclusion. We are committed to building diverse teams, representative of the patients and communities we serve, and we strive to create an inclusive workplace that cultivates bold innovation through collaboration, and empowers our people to unleash their full potential.
Join our Novartis Network: If this role is not suitable to your experience or career goals but you wish to stay connected to learn more about Novartis and our career opportunities, join the Novartis Network here: https://talentnetwork.novartis.com/network
Back to top