China Program Head
- Shanghai, China
500+ On-going clinical trials; 160+ Projects in clinical development; 80+ Major submissions planned 2020-2022. Novartis GDD (Global Drug Development) oversees the development of new medicines discovered by our researchers and partners. It drives breakthrough innovations to improve and extend the lives of millions.
Your responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Drive production and timely delivery of high quality scientifically and commercially diligent assessment of early pipeline compounds for the China Market. Present/defend project assessments and recommendations to China Development Board and Global Franchise Leadership Teams in conjunction with Local Franchise teams, as needed.
• Provide leadership to China Program Team (CPT), accountable for high quality integrated China development plan, lead alignment among local functions on product strategy and milestone delivery. Serve as the single point of contact on assigned programs to global & local key stakeholders. Maintain a close collaboration with global GPT and GCT to ensure transparency and alignment on China development plan
• Develop the local development strategy with scientific and business rational in line with international and local regulatory requirement. Ensure China program strategy integrated into the Global IDP; Provide sound recommendation on China development strategy to CDB, GPT and FLT
• Anticipate internal and external changes which may risk the program strategy and delivery. Make sound judgement and rapid revisions to the program/portfolio strategy after aligning with internal decision makers at local and global level. Lead China programs to achieve key deliverables including CTA, NDA approvals and operational milestones. Oversee the project progress to ensure the competitiveness of the assigned project in local market. Form and build a high performing team by setting up clear goals, motivating and engaging entire team members. Ensure the internal or external expert resources in place to support project success.
• Proactively participate or identify or lead new initiatives to strengthen the China GDD to achieve its vision in China; Support Clinical QA planning, implementation and follow-up on regulatory agency's inspections and internal audits.
What you'll bring to the role:
• MD preferred or Doctoral degree equivalent in Life science
• Excellent verbal and written communication skill in Chinese and English
• 8 - 10 years related working experience in strategic planning and achievement in leading a team to reach regulatory approval is preferred
• Strong leadership or rich experience of leading multidisciplinary teams in the biopharmaceutical industry；Undertakes continuous self and team development to sustain team success of delivery on strategic vision；Ability to motivate people with collaborative and courageous spirit
• Strategic thinking by actively seeking information and understanding the impact of the external environment and internal business priority at program level; Demonstrated understanding of commercial and market access issues and collaborates closely with these groups to reach clarity and alignment
• Strong learning agility；Strong interpersonal skills；Strong negotiation and conflict resolution skills；Proven ability to work independently in a cross functional team setting
Competitive salary, annual bonus, pension scheme, share scheme, health insurance, 25 days annual leave, flexible working arrangements, subsidized dining facilities, employee recognition scheme.
Why consider Novartis?
799 million. That's how many lives our products touched in 2019. And while we're proud of that fact, in this world of digital and technological transformation, we must also ask ourselves this: how can we continue to improve and extend even more people's lives?
We believe the answers are found when curious, courageous and collaborative people like you are brought together in an inspiring environment. Where you're given opportunities to explore the power of digital and data. Where you're empowered to risk failure by taking smart risks, and where you're surrounded by people who share your determination to tackle the world's toughest medical challenges.
Imagine what you could do at Novartis!
Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
Novartis embraces diversity, equal opportunity and inclusion. We are committed to building diverse teams, representative of the patients and communities we serve, and we strive to create an inclusion workplace that cultivates bold innovation through collaboration, and empowers our people to unleash their full potential.
Novartis is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all suitably qualified persons.
Join our Novartis Network: If this role is not suitable to your experience or career goals but you wish to stay connected to learn more about Novartis and our career opportunities, join the Novartis Network here: https://talentnetwork.novartis.com/network
Back to top