Category Lead - Infrastructure
- Barcelona, Spain
Category Lead - Infrastructure
26,000+ associates from 100 different countries are working hard to build an inspired, curious and unbossed culture in which everyone is enabled to be their best. As Category Lead you will lead one complex cross-divisional category globally or to lead a large regional procurement organization to maximize procurement benefits and ensure tight process compliance
Your responsibilities include, but not limited to:
• Lead the development and implementation of the BU/functional Procurement strategy, which is aligned to the Global Procurement strategy, and ensure implementation at a Country level
• Oversee the development of annual Procurement business plans, ensuring full alignment with divisional and group targets, and set stretch targets for the team, benchmarking versus best-in-class external organizations, and measure achievement of objectives against KPIs
• Oversee the identification, engagement and management of relationships with key internal clients and external suppliers, and exert significant influence to drive Procurement projects
• Oversee the negotiation of agreements, and lead the establishment of contracts to decrease total cost with specified quality and service levels and ensure supply security, and ensure that savings are tracked according to group guidelines
• Oversee the implementation and utilization of Procurement systems and tools in Countries, and ensure consistent tracking of savings and other Procurement KPIs, according to group policies
• Demonstrate thought leadership related to the identification, implementation and continuous improvement of sourcing best practices, systems and processes
• Direct the preparation and finalization of Procurement investments plans and budgets and Sponsor / lead / initiate key Procurement projects
• Oversee the management and development of large Procurement teams globally (Direct reports 20-50 or indirect reports 50 -100)
What you'll bring to the role:
• Minimum of 7 years' experience in procurement, doing category management
• Solid understanding of IT languages
• Excellent communication skills in English
• Strategic sourcing experience
• Strong negotiation and analytical skills
You'll receive: Company Pension Plan; Life and Accidental Insurance; Meals Allowance or Canteen in the office; Flexible working hours
Why consider Novartis?
799 million. That's how many lives our products touched in 2019. And while we're proud of that fact, in this world of digital and technological transformation, we must also ask ourselves this: how can we continue to improve and extend even more people's lives?
We believe the answers are found when curious, courageous and collaborative people like you are brought together in an inspiring environment. Where you're given opportunities to explore the power of digital and data. Where you're empowered to risk failure by taking smart risks, and where you're surrounded by people who share your determination to tackle the world's toughest medical challenges.
Imagine what you could do at Novartis!
Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
Novartis embraces diversity, equal opportunity and inclusion. We are committed to building diverse teams, representative of the patients and communities we serve, and we strive to create an inclusive workplace that cultivates bold innovation through collaboration, and empowers our people to unleash their full potential.
Join our Novartis Network: If this role is not suitable to your experience or career goals but you wish to stay connected to learn more about Novartis and our career opportunities, join the Novartis Network here: https://talentnetwork.novartis.com/network
Back to top