Cardiovascular Sales Specialist – CRM – Dakotas - Remote
- Bismarck, ND
Over 6 Million people in the US are affected by Heart Failure in the US with that number expected to increase to 8 million by 2030. Novartis has been at the forefront of Cardiovascular treatment for decades, delivering groundbreaking medicines that extend and improve life, and that's where we intend to stay there. We are Novartis. Join us and help reimagine medicine.
The Cardiovascular Sales Specialist (CSS) is accountable for implementing the sales strategies for approved Cardiovascular (CV) products consistent with Novartis' compliance standards as well as all applicable legal requirements for those key targeted Health Care Providers (HCP's) and hospital systems within an assigned territory. The CSS will pull through access and drive utilization for approved CV products with appropriate patients.
Your Key Responsibilities:
• Builds and develops professional relationships with (but not limited to) cardiology, nephrology, emergency medicine, HF clinic staff, pharmacy staff, within assigned customers.
• Drives appropriate utilization of approved CV products. CSS works closely with other Novartis commercial associates to generate pull-through within local payers, community HCP's, and hospitals.
• Apply expertise and knowledge of heart failure, the marketplace, applicable competitors, industry and cross-functional activities/plans to anticipate and effectively manage business opportunities and challenges.
• Understands hospital committee structure, P&T process, treatment and discharge protocols, DRG and hospital reimbursement process as it relates to the customers they are responsible for in order to maximize opportunities.
• Provides relevant, thoughtful input to other commercial colleagues (e.g. sales leadership, Hospital Account Specialist and USMM) in regards to strategic and tactical planning for territory, area, and region.
• Develops and implements effective customer specific territory plans. Communicates insights to internal stakeholders.
• Prioritizes time and effort to ensure optimal coverage of appropriate physician specialists based on opportunity and potential.
• Understands fully the assigned customers' product and business needs and works to meet those needs while adhering to all of Novartis company ethics and compliance standards.
EEO Statement The Novartis Group of Companies are Equal Opportunity Employers and take pride in maintaining a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.
What you will bring to the role:
Bachelor's degree required, advanced degree a plus.
5+ years of experience in pharmaceutical sales or current Novartis associate with experience in pharma/biotech sales
2 years specialty pharmaceutical / biotech sales experience, operating in a highly clinical disease category or current Novartis associate with experience in pharma/biotech sales
Proven track record of consistent high performance
Demonstrated success working within cross functional teams
• Experience in the promotion of cardiovascular pharmaceuticals / biotech products
• Strong ability to collaborate and work cross-functionally within a matrix environment
• Ability to influence without formal authority in a matrix environment
• Understanding of the market access, diagnostic related groups (DRG), hospital reimbursement, and protocol development Demonstrated effective decision making, problem-solving and strategic thinking
• Demonstrated ethical leadership and foster an environment that promotes ethical behavior and compliance with company policies and applicable laws
Why consider Novartis?
799 million. That's how many lives our products touched in 2019. And while we're proud of that fact, in this world of digital and technological transformation, we must also ask ourselves this: how can we continue to improve and extend even more people's lives?
We believe the answers are found when curious, courageous and collaborative people like you are brought together in an inspiring environment. Where you're given opportunities to explore the power of digital and data. Where you're empowered to risk failure by taking smart risks, and where you're surrounded by people who share your determination to tackle the world's toughest medical challenges.
Imagine what you could do at Novartis!
Back to top