Cardiovascular Area Business Leader – CRM – Midwest - Remote
- Minneapolis, MN
Over 6 Million people in the US are affected by Heart Failure in the US with that number expected to increase to 8 million by 2030. Novartis has been at the forefront of Cardiovascular treatment for decades, delivering groundbreaking medicines that extend and improve life, and that's where we intend to stay there. We are Novartis. Join us and help reimagine medicine.
Your Key Responsibilities:
• Ensure the development and effective implementation of product and disease state specific territory plans within hospitals and targeted accounts
• Effectively manage performance of Cardiovascular Sales Specialists and Institutional Sales Specialists and guide the strategic identification and maximization of product and disease state opportunities within targeted health systems and individual accounts across the in-patient and out-patient care continuum
• Build the Cardiovascular Specialist Sales and Institutional Sales Specialist Team and collaborate with cross-functional teams and other assigned resources to develop and deliver product and disease state account business plans.
• Hire, train, coach, and develop Cardiovascular Sales Specialists and Institutional Sales Specialists.
• Conduct performance evaluations for each specialist and develop coaching plans as appropriate.
• Implement compensation program to effectively reward integrity-based, high performance and desired leadership behaviors
• Build strong, cross-functional relationships to leverage Novartis' expertise in order to accomplish business goals and customer objectives
• Grow prescription sales volume, Drug Distribution Data volume, and market share to meet and exceed business goals
• Direct field activities and resource allocation to maximize business results
EEO Statement The Novartis Group of Companies are Equal Opportunity Employers and take pride in maintaining a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.
What you will bring to the role:
• Bachelor's degree (preferably in Life Sciences, Pharmacy, or Business related discipline)
• Must live within reasonable working distance of assigned geography.
• Current pharmaceutical/biotech sales manager with 2+ years management experience
• Current Novartis Sales Associate that has successfully completed Novartis SMDP
• Current Novartis Sales Associate with 2+ years of pharmaceutical/biotech sales management experience within the last two years prior to joining the company
• Demonstrated leadership experience in complex selling environments (physician, managed markets and / or limited physical access accounts.
• Proven success (e.g. sales awards, top third ranking, highly successful performance ratings, etc.) selling biopharmaceutical products to customers in the specialty and institutional setting
• Significant experience and success leading sales teams in promotion to large cardiology practices, hospital (Critical Care Unit, Emergency Department, Pharmacies, Pharmacy & Therapeutic), Integrated Delivery Network, and System of Care (SoC) Customer
• Sales Leader experience in the promotion of cardiovascular pharmaceuticals / biotech products and demonstrated ability to execute pharmaceutical strategy at the institutional level
• Strong ability to collaborate and work cross-functionally within a complex, customer matrix environment
• Strong understanding of reimbursement for both the out-patient (payer) and the in-patient (Diagnosis Related Group, Medicare) reimbursement
• Experience with leading sales team through product launches
• 50% or more travel, including overnight, required in certain geographies
Why consider Novartis?
799 million. That's how many lives our products touched in 2019. And while we're proud of that fact, in this world of digital and technological transformation, we must also ask ourselves this: how can we continue to improve and extend even more people's lives?
We believe the answers are found when curious, courageous and collaborative people like you are brought together in an inspiring environment. Where you're given opportunities to explore the power of digital and data. Where you're empowered to risk failure by taking smart risks, and where you're surrounded by people who share your determination to tackle the world's toughest medical challenges.
Imagine what you could do at Novartis!
Back to top