Buyer with Romanian
- Prague, Czech Republic
Buyer with Romanian, Novartis, Prague, Czech Republic
70 tactical buyers are supporting both commercial and NTO towers out of Prague NGSC, covering region Europe, Switzerland, Middle East and North Africa. The Buyer is responsible for the execution of bidding and contracting activities for/in support of assigned countries/categories according to the defined buying processes, information sharing across countries/categories to leverage best practices. The role also provides analytics and prepares reports, contributes to delivery of measurable value for Novartis, through alignment of business requirements, sourcing expertise, supplier market intelligence, financial productivity and mitigation of risk. The role supports data quality management within Procurement function according to the defined processes to identify opportunities and to support continuous improvement, assures the delivery of services according to defined KPIs and Service Levels.
Your key responsibilities:
Your responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Sourcing validation and analysis from business users, country procurement organization or category managers - Direct users on correct buying channels if required.
• Supplier selection, requested risk analysis performance verification and update - Supplier scoring criteria definition and documentation preparation for competitive bidding event, inputs collection and sharing to category managers on overall category strategy.
• Document and communicate final award decision - Negotiations after the eSourcing event closure to reach the most competitive prices, bids examination and sourcing summary sheet (outcome) completion.
• Proactively carrying out continuous analyses, frequently re-align the local activities with the global category strategy as well as support the strategy execution in the assigned area.
• Contracting activities - contract preparation, contract drafting based on agreed templates, full terms and conditions or contractual terms negotiation, contract review and contract content approvals coordination, signature process initiation and monitoring.
• Savings identification and achievement through competitive bidding process.
What you'll bring to the role:
• University/Advanced degree in Business Administration/Economics/Finance/Statistics
• Minimum 2 years of experience of working in a global environment in a similar position
• Previous experience with purchasing/sourcing/contracting/negotiations/reporting
• Fluent Romanian language, communicative level of English
• Experience in supporting clients directly / managing stakeholders
• Experience with eSourcing tools
Monthly pension contribution matching your individual contribution up to 3% of your gross monthly base salary; Risk Life Insurance (full cost covered by Novartis); 5-week holiday per year; (1 week above the Labour Law requirement) ; 4 paid sick days within one calendar year in case of absence due to sickness without a medical sickness report; Cafeteria employee benefit program - choice of benefits from Edenred CZ in the amount of 12,500 CZK per year; Meal vouchers in amount of 90 CZK for each working day (full tax covered by company); Public Transportation allowance; MultiSport Card. Find out more about Novartis Business Services: https://www.novartis.cz/
Why consider Novartis?
799 million. That's how many lives our products touched in 2019. And while we're proud of that fact, in this world of digital and technological transformation, we must also ask ourselves this: how can we continue to improve and extend even more people's lives?
We believe the answers are found when curious, courageous and collaborative people like you are brought together in an inspiring environment. Where you're given opportunities to explore the power of digital and data. Where you're empowered to risk failure by taking smart risks, and where you're surrounded by people who share your determination to tackle the world's toughest medical challenges.
Imagine what you could do at Novartis!
Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
Novartis embraces diversity, equal opportunity and inclusion. We are committed to building diverse teams, representative of the patients and communities we serve, and we strive to create an inclusive workplace that cultivates bold innovation through collaboration, and empowers our people to unleash their full potential.
Novartis are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons.
Join our Novartis Network: If this role is not suitable to your experience or career goals but you wish to stay connected to learn more about Novartis and our career opportunities, join the Novartis Network here: https://talentnetwork.novartis.com/network
Back to top