799 million. That's how many lives our products touch. And while we're proud of that fact, in this world of digital and technological transformation, we must also ask ourselves this: how can we continue to improve and extend even more people's lives?
The purpose of the position is to serve as a US HEOR and Population Health Account Management (PHAM) research specialist on the design, development and conduct of real-world evidence (RWE) studies and deliver responsive, quality projects through effective project management.
Lead the RWE and Data Science research program for a Therapeutic Area (TA) and collaborate with the TA's internal/external partners, including HEOR and PHAM.
• Provide research expertise for all aspects of internal RWE studies/analyses, including objectives, study design, data source identification, statistical analysis and results interpretation.
• pose and apply innovative and appropriate research methodologies for cross-functional RWE development activities for early product development, regulatory submission, payer meetings, medical access, and scientific publication.
• Effectively lead project teams and study communication to ensure timelines and objectives are met.
• Develop project data dictionaries, variable specification requirements for the data engineering and statistical teams.
Drive a culture of continuous improvement in the RWE and Data Science team
• Proactively see opportunities to apply innovative methodologies and to collaborate with cross-functional teams across the organization.
• Lead systematic improvement of research tools, templates and across-project efficiency.
• Identify emerging data assets and opportunities with customers, academic centers and research organizations.
• Demonstrate data science's value and effectively integrate RWE into product development and value demonstration
Diversity & Inclusion / EEO
The Novartis Group of Companies are Equal Opportunity Employers and take pride in maintaining a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status. We are committed to building diverse teams, representative of the patients and communities we serve, and we strive to create an inclusive workplace that cultivates bold innovation through collaboration and empowers our people to unleash their full potential.
• An advanced degree in economics, epidemiology, health services research, health policy, statistics, or other quantitative observational research field is preferred.
• 5 years of experience with design and execution of observational research study design in a variety of healthcare data sources in pharmaceuticals, tech, consulting or academia Preferred
• Experience with advanced knowledge of a broad range of novel and established statistical modeling techniques for patient-level data
• Demonstrated research accomplishments, including publications or presentations at scientific conferences
• Excellent interpersonal communication and agile project and time management skills
• Experience scripting using statistical software packages, such as R or Python
Why consider Novartis?
We believe the answers are found when curious, courageous and collaborative people like you are brought together in an inspiring environment. Where you're given opportunities to explore the power of digital and data. Where you're empowered to risk failure by taking smart risks, and where you're surrounded by people who share your determination to tackle the world's toughest medical challenges.
Imagine what you could do at Novartis!
East Hanover, NJ
Company / Legal Entity