Associate Director, RWE and Data Science, China (80-100%*)
- Basel, Switzerland
>500 Million real world patient records are used to help reimagine how integrated evidence generation will transform healthcare decision making. You will provide methodological and analytical expertise, provide strategic input regarding utilization of real world evidence (RWE) in China; and provide leadership of real world Chinese database analyses.
Your responsibilities will include:
• Serve as analytical expert on real world evidence generation methods and analytic projects for China aligned with local and Global priorities.
• Provide expert consultation on analytical issues including, but not limited to exploratory analyses from real world databases, and the conduct of full non-interventional studies.
• Ensure latest methodologies and breakthrough analytical technologies are implemented for RWE projects in China.
• Provide expert input into the development of the real world evidence plans in close collaboration with the China GDD, China HEOR/access, China Medical Affairs, and other relevant stakeholders in priority disease areas.
• Interpret findings from non-interventional data analytic projects, and communicate key insights and messages to various cross-functional teams and externally via publications and presentations.
• Provide critical scientific review of all China RWE protocols.
What you'll bring to the role:
• 5+ years conducting RWE research for pharmaceutical products in the pharma industry, contract research organization, or academic institute; or experience in a closely related discipline within the pharma industry (e.g., clinical research, statistics, epidemiology, pricing)
• Deep understanding of RWE study methods; thorough understanding of study designs that provide most relevant evidence to decision-makers
• Deep understanding of available and emerging RWD data sources, particularly in China.
• Demonstrated research accomplishments including publications,, and presentations at scientific conferences
• Strong collaboration and networking skills to foster productive internal relationships cross-functionally
• Fluent oral and written English and Mandarin Chinese
*Some restrictions on flexible working options may apply and will be discussed during interview if applicable.
Why consider Novartis?
799 million. That's how many lives our products touched in 2019. And while we're proud of that fact, in this world of digital and technological transformation, we must also ask ourselves this: how can we continue to improve and extend even more people's lives?
We believe the answers are found when curious, courageous and collaborative people like you are brought together in an inspiring environment. Where you're given opportunities to explore the power of digital and data. Where you're empowered to risk failure by taking smart risks, and where you're surrounded by people who share your determination to tackle the world's toughest medical challenges.
Imagine what you could do at Novartis!
Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
Novartis embraces diversity, equal opportunity and inclusion. We are committed to building diverse teams, representative of the patients and communities we serve, and we strive to create an inclusive workplace that cultivates bold innovation through collaboration, and empowers our people to unleash their full potential.
Join our Novartis Network: If this role is not suitable to your experience or career goals but you wish to stay connected to learn more about Novartis and our career opportunities, join the Novartis Network here: https://talentnetwork.novartis.com/network
Back to top