Associate Director, Omnichannel Medical Lead
- East Hanover, NJ
10 major new medicines planned for launch over the next few years creating new career opportunities for those who want to make a direct impact on patients at scale
Novartis has embraced a bold strategy to drive company-wide digital transformation. Oncology is striving to attain a medical leadership position in healthcare digital solutions.
This includes working to ensure all systems and processes are in line with the Oncology Medical Affairs (OMA) strategy and Oncology Business Unit (OBU) model - ensuring the most efficient user experience and country deployment for global, regions and countries
The AD, Omnichannel Medical will be responsible for planning, implementing and managing innovative digital strategies, channels and medical systems that support scientific information and communication from internal to external health care providers (HCP) and medical activities.
This role is accountable for working with the data and digital team, cross divisionally along with G/R/C and providing integrated on-time and on-budget end-to-end solutions. Including but not limited to planning, implementation, capability building and change management.
Ability to lead projects from its conception, work well with ambiguity, design and develop a clear scope, full plan with alignment, clear evolution and execution plan with analytics to operationalize successful programs.
Major accountabilities (but not limited to)
• Align strategies, business cases and link to data and digital roadmap supporting vision
• Contribute to data and digital strategy and act as a leaders and partner to GMA and G/R/C forums.
• Lead global medical digital projects through all phases (conception, initiation, drive, implement and deliver) for deployment and training across medical OBU.
• Responsible for planning program life cycle and enhancements to new and existing digital programs; works independently and can collaborate across divisions and functions representing medical with IT, vendors, compliance and variety of stakeholders and partners for assigned projects
• Lead benchmarking and assessments internally and externally to contribute to the development of the global medical e-strategy.
• Partner on webinar platforms to improve virtual capabilities within medical, congresses and multiple engagement channels including social media and online networks
• Lead and prepare implementation playbook and operational plan for sustainable solutions for expansion countries
• Facilitate and actively promote sharing of best practices, solution mindset to help G/R/C for continuous improvement
• Develop and support training and communication plans that support for data & digital programs
• Strong project leadership and accountability for results: set specific, measurable, actionable and time related deployment goals with clear success and metrics
EEO Statement The Novartis Group of Companies are Equal Opportunity Employers and take pride in maintaining a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.
• Min. University degree: B.A/B.S Preferred: MBA or Master in Life Sciences with appropriate experience.
• 8+ years experience in pharmaceutical industry or healthcare related arena.
• 8+ years experience leading large complex projects, facilitating multiple stakeholders with internal and external teams / vendor management
• 5+ years experience in information technology within industry or supporting digital needs of medical affairs and engagement channels / opportunities
• 5+ years experience process management skills; ability to facilitate and breakdown process flows for maximum efficiency to efficiently link to systems and across a wide variety of divisions.
• In depth understanding of technical platforms and medical affairs systems is essential
• Strong interpersonal communication, presentation, facilitation and influential skills
• Demonstrate innovation in processes and technical approaches
• Strong customer / user focus
• Able to work in a matrix environment with multi-layered decision processes
• Ability to prioritize, handle multiple tasks in a demanding work environment.
Back to top