Associate Director, Lead Consultant Novartis Business Services -1 of 3
- East Hanover, NJ
108,000 associates reimagining medicine for more than 799 million people globally. That is also the number of people you may impact as our new internal consultant.
In this global role as part of a new internal consulting practice with Novartis Business Services (NBS) CONEXTS, you will have the opportunity deliver strategic consulting programs, drive operational efficiencies and implement business change. Initiatives include handling a portfolio of consulting programs globally and cross divisionally across the diverse functionality of Commercial, Scientific and Operational Services Practices and ensuring effective Project Management (PMO) and Business Process Transformation (BPT). The Lead Consultant will ensure that our internal customer relationship is proactively led and the highest levels of customer satisfaction are maintained throughout the lifecycle of projects.
To work with a diverse internal customer base and leadership team to identify, pursue and execute business development opportunities that will ensure an expansion to the consulting services that can be offered by Novartis to the divisions in line with the overall strategy.
• Support Novartis CONEXTS Consulting leadership to drive the group strategic plan.
• Work with NBS CONEXTS Lead Business Partners and internal customers (global functions, regional management and country management) to understand the consulting opportunity pipeline and work to convert this into customer projects.
• Build and manage key stakeholder relationships including regular reviews of project pipelines.
• Identify opportunities to expand consulting offerings and develop service offerings to customers
• Build, organize and sustain multi-disciplinary program and project teams - internal customer, functional, IT, third party
• Facilitate and motivate change in a heavily networked environment through senior stakeholder engagement and management
• Lead and drive major internal customer programs and projects, including solution development and implementation, so that they:
o Achieve successful outcomes for all projects
o Ensure solutions are designed and implemented according to necessary methodology and approach agreed upon with the customer
• Lead consulting resources including; Senior Consultants, Consultants and vendor resources.
EEO Statement The Novartis Group of Companies are Equal Opportunity Employers and take pride in maintaining a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status. We are committed to building diverse teams, representative of the patients and communities we serve, and we strive to create an inclusive workplace that cultivates bold innovation through collaboration and empowers our people to unleash their full potential.
What you'll bring to the role
• Minimum of a Bachelor's Degree is required. A Graduate degree with relevant science background and/or Master's degree in Science/Medical/Business preferred.
• Change agent success with significant project and program management experience, having successfully led sophisticated, multi-functional projects in a large corporate environment
• Minimum of 10 years of experience leading significant operating model, business process and organizational change and/or process improvement consulting projects.
• Proven ability to lead multi-functional business change and to get straight to the heart of issues and provide insights.
• Significant experience motivating business partners and leaders with varied backgrounds across a dispersed and matrixed organization
• Travel may be necessary for key events and team building. In addition, to meet with Novartis team members at Novartis Global Service Centers to support project work, up to 10%.
• Pharmaceutical industry experience
• Management consulting experience
• Expertise in Agile Methodology; Scaled agile methodologies in non-IT projects. Lean Six Sigma, Design thinking.
Why consider Novartis?
799 million. That's how many lives our products touched in 2019. And while we're proud of that fact, in this world of digital and technological transformation, we must also ask ourselves this: how can we continue to improve and extend even more people's lives?
We believe the answers are found when curious, courageous and collaborative people like you are brought together in an inspiring environment. Where you're given opportunities to explore the power of digital and data. Where you're empowered to risk failure by taking smart risks, and where you're surrounded by people who share your determination to tackle the world's toughest medical challenges.
Imagine what you could do at Novartis!
Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
Novartis embraces diversity, equal opportunity and inclusion. We are committed to building diverse teams, representative of the patients and communities we serve, and we strive to create an inclusive workplace that cultivates bold innovation through collaboration, and empowers our people to unleash their full potential.
Join our Novartis Network: If this role is not suitable to your experience or career goals but you wish to stay connected to learn more about Novartis and our career opportunities, join the Novartis Network here: https://talentnetwork.novartis.com/network
Back to top